03 blaster won't start???

Sounds like he didn't get the spring in right on the kicker. When you take off the cover (drain oil and remove the right peg first) you will see a hole in the case near one of the upper srcrews, the end of the spring goes in that after winding it up about half a turn.

here ya go

100_3344-1.jpg

id love to have my frame painted yellow at some point. goes great against the blue! and thanks ill let you know how it turns out

ok got the kickstart in correctly however it did not fix the clutch problem. still have no tension when you pull the handle. its as if the clutch is always being pulled as when you put it in gear it catches, but doesnt lock up when you roll it. oh and it was confirmed by the shop my top end need rebuild.

the top end im not worried about. most ill have to drop into that is like $175 for a new wiseco top end. i need the clutch problem dealt with. my friend told me roll starting it works to start it with low compression but i cant try till i figure the clutch out

yup thats what im goin for. maybe some carbon fiber v force reeds after the stock ones die. hey is it possible to change the crankshaft seals without splitting the crankcase?

Yes, changing the seals is done without cracking the case.

What was your compression, and based on what did a shop tell you it needs a new top end?

When you kick it, the piston moves right? It sounds almost like your clutch is not assembled correctly, are there gaps between the plates?

ok fixed the clutch. found out he DID put the top plate in incorrectly. clutch works great now, still no luck on starting it. i rolled it down a hill while in third and the plug was still dry when i pulled it out right after going down the hill. again, carb is spotless, reeds are in great shape and sit even with the cage.

reeds were thoroughly inspected and in great shape with no cracks or damage. yup im getting fuel to the carb, as whenever i pull the carb off it dumps gas out when i put it upside down haha