yz465/490 Versus Big Bore blaster motor ??

76ranger

Mar 20, 2008
Garfield Hts, Ohio
Ok, I have a yamaha blaster motor, Big bore with +3mm stroker crank, lighten flywheel, port and polish ,35mm keihin carb, im just saving up my money to buy a lrd exhaust and v3 reeds it hasnt been started yet. I started looking at motor swaps and i ran across the yz465/490 conversion. Now my question is how well would the yz465/490 run compared to my motor? And what kind of power are we talking ? I put together a Bigbore/stroker blaster motor.... I ride with my buddies ones got a 400 ex modified with cams and big bore...not sure on his total size and i have another one with a suziki ltz 400 not sure but he's got it bumped up to 440cc's and im i'd like to put together a 490 and suprise the hell out of these guys with it or should i just run that blaster motor.

David

x2 talk to paulie B The yz465 stock puts out 42 rwhp and i think the yz490 is closer to 50 rwhp stock. That really isn't much more than a fully modded blaster motor. But they will have way more Torque and that is what get's you from point a to point b. And they will have even more power when you start to mod. them. The biggest draw back is having to make a custom pipe. But they will rip!!