Where to start

Fast6hand

Oct 10, 2013
West Palm Beach
So I just bought a 2000 blaster. We'll the carb doesn't seem to be jetted right. I pulled the carb today and discovered a 138 main and 38 pilot. Seems way off. Mods are:
- LRD full exhaust
- UNI air filter(no lid)
- wiseco piston(bored.60 over)
- block off plate
The carb is a 30mm OKO. And I have read horror stories about them. I live in Florida so it's very humid. I'm just looking for a good starting point on the jets so I can do a plug chop. Any suggestions would be awesome. Oh and I was going to run it at 40:1. Thanks

I am not an OKO man but the jet sizes you quoted seemed a little small for my liking, the following ones seem more suitable.

45/50/55 and on main 150/158/165

OKO carbs especially the 30mm have caused some headaches in the past but a couple of guys that I am sure will chime in and comment have tamed them.

32:1 or better premix is recommended to run in an engine of 200ccs or smaller.

Ok. Thanks for the reply. That sounds a lot better. It just seemed to lean, and the spark plug had a whitish grey color. Do you know a good place to get jets?

just for the record, out of the 5 pipes i've had and tested, the LRD required the richest main jetting, a 330 in the stock carb

Now I noticed Blaaster stated a main jet way lower than that. When you go from the stock carb to a larger carb do the jet sizes get smaller? Because the carb is larger? Do you agree with Blaaster on the jet sizes be suggested?

Now I noticed Blaaster stated a main jet way lower than that. When you go from the stock carb to a larger carb do the jet sizes get smaller? Because the carb is larger? Do you agree with Blaaster on the jet sizes be suggested?

blaaster is in the ballpark with the jets he suggested for the oko carb.

a stock mikuni and kehin/oko have different numbering systems on jets

yep, i've tried same pipes on both my blasters, the black stockish w/ stock mikuni carb
and my white fully built/modded blaster with a keihin 34mm carb.

that same 300+ main on the stock carb would be in the 150+ range in the keihin

A 150 Kehin main is about =to a 300 Mikuni main.
A 50 Kehin pilot is about = to a 25 Mikuni pilot.

Just alittle I've pick up from anilizing banshees with simular set-ups other than carb brand

the banshees seem to be different w/ -30 pilots ?
stock blaster mikuni pilot is 32.5 (x 2 = 65)
i've never seen any keihin/oko pilot # listed in a blaster jetting thread above the low/mid 50's.

i'd say the mikuni to keihin pilot ratio for blasters is more like (x 1.5) for a good starting point.
stock blaster 26mm pilot = 32.5 (i've ran that in all states of tune w/ success)
32.5 x 1.5 = 48.75
i've ran a 45, and now after more work a 48 in my 34 keihin @1800'+ elevation
alot of guys at lower elevations run a 50 keihin/oko pilot with good results.

follow this to get your pilot dead on......
http://www.blasterforum.com/carburetor-138/adjusting-your-airscrew-pilot-jet-51060/

Damn,$15 a quart is cheap. I spend $75 on a gallon of klotz atleast 3 times a year and over $10 a gallon in fuel x 75 gallons a year. Run good oil or rebuild for more money often. Yamalube,klotz,maxima!!! Nothing else!!!imo