What throttle cable

Indread

Aug 12, 2012
Maine
Hi blasterforums, I've got a question for you as the title states.
I found this post by Slickerthanyou Rappy 250 cable , Here is a quote from slicks post for those that dont want to read the entire thing.

(QUOTE)"" I started with trying to find a stainless steel braided cable (as that looks trick) length of 35" to avoid the huge loop that most A/M cables give you. Motion pro cable for the blaster (this is also called the TORS eliminator cable), is 42.5" cable cover end to end (not actual cable length). The shortest cable I was able to find that fit a thumb throttle was the rappy 250 at 37.5" the only problem was that cable has a female threaded end for the carb. The 250r cable was 42" long (these will fit the blaster but are too long for my liking!) Next I want to change the angle on top of the carb so the cable end wouldn't kink or bind ever!

My solution a 45° degree Mikuni adapter and the rappy 250 braided cable!
I'll tell ya the action is so smooth unreal! I can't say if it will improve throttle response time or add anything to performance but I'm willing to bet it will help with fatigue. "" QUOTE

now my question is will this cable work with a 34mm Mikuni flatslide carb. I love the idea of the teflon sheathing that the rappy braided steel cable uses. Im unsure if the length is correct and if the cable is compatible with mikuni carbs, mine to be more accurate.

I wanted to ask slickerthanyou a couple questions about this but have discovered hes been banned so any PM's to him would go unanswered. Thanks in advance to anyone thats able to shed a little more light on this for me. :D

It will work with your carb. He was using a non stock carb his self. You can also Google his user name Nd may be able to find him to ask.

Thanks blasterdemon7, I was fairly certain it would work I just wanted to hear someone else's input on it. I had never thought about trying to google slickerthanyou's name, I figured it was just a handle he used on this forum. Turns out I was able to locate him, so once again thanks :D