What else will I need?

*Quad*King*1986

Oct 23, 2011
Bucks county, PA
I'm planning on getting a new carb since I'm still running the stock 26mm... I'm thinking of going with a 32 or maybe the 35mm keihin. Is it possible to bore out a 32mm to around - 34/35mm? And once I buy this new carb what else do I need to fit it on my blasty... I know I need a new intake boot for the reed cage (depending on what size I get) but do I also need to get a new boot for the air filter? (I have the stock airbox)

You will need to mod the air filter boot,get a TORS delete cable and maybe a spacer. I would just go with the size carb you won't and not bore it. It will coat more that way. Getting the carb bored is only a good move of you already have a real nice carb and want just a little more flow.

Okay cool,well it is ported by FLOTEK and I'm going to order V-Force 3 reeds, my flywheel puller, and the new carb at the same time. I was hoping I could get a keihin 32mm and bore it to a 34mm (since you said not to bore it unless I already have a nice carb) but a keihin PJ & PWK are "nice" right? Lol. But your probably right I shouldn't bore and stop being cheap haha. Money Is kinda tight so I was hoping I could do that instead. Would I feel/notice a big difference if I went from let's say... A 32mm to 35mm? I'd it worth the extra $$$ to just go big, or if I got the 32 instead would it not really make a huge difference for me?

Oh I forget to say, I'm ordering my flywheel puller because I have the vito's +4 timing degree key advance sitting around waiting for install. That way I figure I can slap on the +4 key, V-Force 3 reed cage (probably with a 1/2" spacer), and my new keihin 35mm carb, oh and I'll obviously have to order a few jets for it also

You will need to mod the air filter boot,get a TORS delete cable and maybe a spacer. I would just go with the size carb you won't and not bore it. It will coat more that way. Getting the carb bored is only a good move of you already have a real nice carb and want just a little more flow.

When you say "mod the air filter" do you mean I can fit a 35mm with a stock airboot as long as I mod it? And also do I have to remove my tors? I know it's best to take it off but if I can skip that for the time being I will get the removal cap later on, and what sort of spacer are you referring to?

When you say "mod the air filter" do you mean I can fit a 35mm with a stock airboot as long as I mod it? And also do I have to remove my tors? I know it's best to take it off but if I can skip that for the time being I will get the removal cap later on, and what sort of spacer are you referring to?

Most people cut there stock air filter back some and install a piece of PVC pipe with a coupler that will fit the PVC pipe on one end end the carb on the other. I would go with about a 2"-2 1/2 PVC pipe and get the connector.

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/index.php?cPath=2&osCsid=0c0969dce76cec7e82fc46406401a85a

I gotch ya, so you mean it's sorta like an extension off of the intake boot then? And also instead of modding my filter boot can't I just scratch the entire airbox all together & just strap a uni-filter with outer wears to it? Or is it a bad idea to have my filter just sitting out in the open like that? I'm just trying to find a cheaper alternative to the aftermarket boots

The reed spacer sits your carb back and a little higher to clear the clutch arm. You can run your air filter like that but will have problems with riding in any water.

Ya I thought about the water thing too, maybe I can fab up some kind of shield to go around it kinda like one of those cones they put around a dogs neck after they get surgery! Hahaha

I got a 1/2inch billet aluminum reed cage spacer. can I use that and not use the "reed spacer extension" with my new 35mm so it won't hit the clutch arm, or is that not enough clearance? I doubt it is but I was just thinking how it sorta shifts everything over to the right a little bit ya know what I mean? Oh and I'm going to be running V-Force3 reeds with the spacer between my cylinder and reed cage, not sure if that makes anclearance difference or not from the stock cage/set up

I am led to believe that you cannot fit a spacer block betweem VF3s and the jug.

VF3s are shaped differently to stock and Boysens ect.

I am led to believe that you cannot fit a spacer block betweem VF3s and the jug.

VF3s are shaped differently to stock and Boysens ect.

Oohh really?!?!? That's sucks, so just to clarify... Your saying I can't use my 1/2 inch reed cage spacer that favors my bottom/mid range power? Maybe there is a way I can port the spacer to make it fit or use silicone if it's too big