Weird revving

Blaster LT

Jan 13, 2017
Hi, i still cant find problem on my blaster. It started when I mounted silencer on, cleaned carb, changed air filter, then mixture got lean and piston had melted. Now all piston is changed, also there is a brand new intake manifold. Mixture after ride looks a bit normal, brown color on spark plug. But when cylinder reaches about 90 degree, it starts to hold revs after I throttle has closed.

Wow that bike sounds sick. Kill it.

When you replaced piston did you replace the piston rings and get the cylinder bored for the piston? Leak tester? Compression tested?

I'm guessing your running the FMF gold series pipe and powercore2 silencer? Did you just get this and install it?

Yes, piston rings was new too, all the wossner piston set. Cylinder wasnt bored, becouse it was last size. I just honed it. Fmf exhaust was on bike when I bought it. Also, when choke is on, it wont make engine to rev a bit more, it decreases revs until engine stops. Silencer was from fmf, but its enging was broken, so I modified it, you think it can couse it?

It has an airkeak or lean jetting causing the hanging revs.
Confirmed by the choke circuit adding more fuel decreases the symptom.

You need to leakdown test it first.
Search on here for that, find the thread to build your own tester, or I have them for sale in the sale section.

Was it rejetted for the FMF pipe ?

You must do proper plug chops to read the plug for fuel mixture, not just look at it after riding all day. Search plug chops too and do them.

Dont know if it was jetted to fit FMF, bought it ran all day revving to max. Next day mounted on silencer, changed dirty filter and cleaned outside of dirty carb. By the way, my fmf is not full, the connection to cylinder is from stock exhaust. How to do leakdown test?

Also, choke dont make revs higher when engine is cold, too.

It has an airkeak or lean jetting causing the hanging revs.
Confirmed by the choke circuit adding more fuel decreases the symptom.

You need to leakdown test it first.
Search on here for that, find the thread to build your own tester, or I have them for sale in the sale section.

Was it rejetted for the FMF pipe ?

You must do proper plug chops to read the plug for fuel mixture, not just look at it after riding all day. Search plug chops too and do them.

Please, PM me, I am about buying leakdown test.