upgrade carb tips?

colescustom

Aug 1, 2011
CT
Have a bit of motor work done to my blaster, and looking to upgrade the carb. bored .20, ported, with some other goodies. I was thinking of porting the stock carb (26mm) or should i buy a larger one (28, 30mm etc)

I have tons of jets, and new carb kit with stock carb. And im able to do the work myself.

Should i work on the stocker? if not anyone in a smilar situation recomend a good upgrade?

The stock carburetor (Mikuni VM26) is a decent carburetor and a "regular" engine can be made to run decently on it but if you start to tune for more top end, it will run out of steam shortly....

A better "waste" of your time and energy would be to fit a larger carburetor on your engine. A PWK28, OKO 30, or larger bore Mikuni can fit into the stock intake boot and only requires a replacement throttle cable (the throttle cable "for TORS delete") and some work on the intake "snout".

Jetting help for Keihin is going to be more plentiful than jetting help for a Mikuni but Mikuni does make some decent carburetors.