Update

Durby

Supporting Member
Forum Supporter
Nov 16, 2012
Oroville, CA
Hello Blaster Forum friends,
I know it has been a good while since i was on here, but I just wanted to let you all know that I appreciate all the kind words, support and help getting my boys Monster Blaster "up and running." He was able to ride it around the back yard twice before discovering an issue with the carb leaking gas. The mechanic was supposed to come to the house and check it out, but has not made it out here yet and it has been months.

The kids and I are making through this difficult time by taking it day by day. I can't believe it was 16 months on the 19th since we lost Durby "Michael". I am trying to keep myself super busy by helping out a non profit organization the Oroville Eagles Football and Cheer where my kids have participated and Michael helped coach by trying to continue on with what he started 4 years ago. My kids for the most part have been relatively healthy thank God. I am sad to say that my youngest and I turned to food as a comfort and we gained excess weight as a result. I know that Michael would be saddened to learn this and therefore in December 2014 I made the decision to make Michael proud by changing how i was living. I am proud to say that i have lost all of the weight I gained since he left us to be our ANGEL and I am now a few pounds lighter than when we lost him.

I am hoping to buy a house with some land so that the kids may start enjoying their quads again. I am sad to say they have not had many chances to get back on them yet. Many people had offered to help keep them riding them when Michael died, but nobody has actually followed through with their promises and I have no idea how to pull a trailer to take my kids out riding myself :(. I took Michael for granted in that aspect and I see now why he said i should learn to pull a trailer, but I figured why learn when i had him here to do it.

Well I just wanted to check in with you all. It has been awhile since i posted on here since with Michael's pc having bad viruses and being a busy mom. Hope all is well with you guys.

Thank you and take care

Brandy

Reactions: bummer981
So great to hear from you again Brandy!

All the best in getting that house, it will sure solve the problem of learning how to pull a trailer.

Congratulations on the weight control, that is something that I have to address since my family break up some 5 years ago,

I have missed seeing the avatar of you and Durby on the left top corner of my screen, please come and say hello more often if you can.

Reactions: Durby
Great to hear from you Brandy. I think of you, your family and Durby quite often. Congratulations on changing your eating habits. I am sure it was very difficult. I am sure Michael is smiling down on you, keep strong.

Thanks for the kind words. My family and I are thankful for everyone's thoughts and prayers. It is still a struggle, but we are coming through it as a family.

Good to see you stop by Brandy and you all are doing well.

Thanks everyone. It is nice to see that some people still care about how we are doing because most people have stop asking or talking to us. It is as if he is already forgotten and that kills us. You guys are an awesome group and I am glad Michael got the chance to be apart of the family here.

Brandy

Well another milestone is upon us and we are missing Michael terribly. Our boy is graduating from 8th grade tomorrow night and i wish more than anything his dad was here physically to witness it, but he will be there with us spiritually.