Unit Top Of Carb?

Andy Lee

Aug 9, 2015
Bought this 2000 Blaster recently. See attached pic...can anyone tell me what the unit is attached to the top of the carb? Best pic I could get...have to remove the tank for a better shot. Thank you in advance for the help!

Andy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 379
Bought this 2000 Blaster recently. See attached pic...can anyone tell me what the unit is attached to the top of the carb? Best pic I could get...have to remove the tank for a better shot. Thank you in advance for the help!

Andy
Just figured it out...TORS unit. Is it better to convert or leave as is? Quad runs fine. I need to pull the carb to check the jetting (heading to higher altitude soon) and the TORS makes it tougher to remove the carb. Is it ok to remove the carb from the TORS and just pull the carb?

Thanks!

Just figured it out...TORS unit. Is it better to convert or leave as is

if it's not limiting the revs as it would if the throttle stuck open (it's purpose) leave it be for now.
most of us delete it with a TORS delete kit...........
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Blas...R-S-/201401571261?hash=item2ee47817bd&vxp=mtr

do not order the cheaper kit that lacks the drill/tap and idle screw, deleting the tors requires a new idle screw as the kit above includes

Is it ok to remove the carb from the TORS and just pull the carb?

Yes. unscrew cap from carb, loosen clamps frnt/rear, push airbox boot off supporting frame nub and off back of carb, rotate carb as much as tors unti allows and wiggle it out of intake and out

I need to pull the carb to check the jetting (heading to higher altitude soon)

higher altitude will cause a rich condition, as long as it's not fouling plugs it'll be fine.
versus going from jetted at high altitude then down to sea level, that will cause a lean condition and fry your shiz :(

how much higher are you going ?

What he said^^^ I would ditch it myself. Also what elevation are you starting at, and have you plug chopped to confirm your jetting? I'm not sure with the TORS brick on, but I can rotate my carb and change jets with it on the bike.

What he said^^^ I would ditch it myself. Also what elevation are you starting at, and have you plug chopped to confirm your jetting? I'm not sure with the TORS brick on, but I can rotate my carb and change jets with it on the bike.
I live in Vegas so about 2000 feet elevation. I will be going to approx 8000 feet in UT. If re jet, anyone have a recommended size? Just change main? Also, if I elect not to re jet, I guess I could take a few extra plugs in case it is rubbing too rich? Never run it at those altitudes so not sure what to expect... Thanks All!