uncontrolable revving

Feb 2, 2015
my blaster would rev up really high and wouldnt turn off. I have also noticed leaks from the head gasket and from where the exhaust connects to the engine please help

DO NOT RUN IT ANYMORE!!!!! You have an air leak, (or 2 or 3 or 4) You need to leak test that motor. an air leak is detrimental to a 2 stroke.

DO NOT RUN IT ANYMORE!!!!! You have an air leak, (or 2 or 3 or 4) You need to leak test that motor. an air leak is detrimental to a 2 stroke.
im not 100% sure where the leak is coming from but how do I fix the leak

Attachments

• IMAG0218.jpg
    IMAG0218.jpg
    850.6 KB · Views: 171
it is basicallly getting more air then gas by what you are saying.

make sure throttle slide in carb is seating properly all the way down.

spark plug type and gap? carb airscrew settings?

that pic you posted i cant even see a base gasket???

did you get it like this or have you done work to it?

it is basicallly getting more air then gas by what you are saying.

make sure throttle slide in carb is seating properly all the way down.

spark plug type and gap? carb airscrew settings?

that pic you posted i cant even see a base gasket???

did you get it like this or have you done work to it?
I got it like this but I have done a little work to it but mostly frame work nothing to the motor, the spark plug type is a ngk br8es and I'm not sure about the other settings

Attachments

• 1424050430471-519951031.jpg
    1424050430471-519951031.jpg
    700.3 KB · Views: 165
get us some more of these pics......

i see a aftermarker spark plug boot.
all in all a leadown test yes..
but im sure it is more then one problem.
start with airscrew set at 1 1/2 turns out from fully seated.

probably more then just 1 issue..
airleak
air fuel ratio is incorrect.
plug gap might be too close
throttle slide not seating properly...ect

First and foremost before ANYTHING is to get or build a leak tester. then leak test. Don't bother adjusting anything before leak testing otherwise you will watch, better yet hear you engine seize.

Also you say you just got it. Are you pre mixing gas or adding oil in the tank under the seat?

You inevitably have to pull the head off but leak test before hand so you can get a little understanding of leak testing. The leaky head gasket is a given but also look for other leaks as you may or may not have a few.

The head could possibly be warped and you would need to lap it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapping with a bad leaky head gasket it may be hard to find other leaks. Start with the head and go from there. If you can keep enough pressure with the leak test (don't go beyond 7 psi) and look for others.

Most likely you will need a head gasket, without one you won't find other leaks. But if you put one on, but say the base leaks, you just wasted a gasket. I would suggest that with a torque wrench check the head nuts, DON"T just go cranking on them with a socket. You will either strip the studs or warp the head. The leak on the exhaust can be fixed with Hi-temp rtv and/or new gasket at flange. This leak can't be tested, only seen by smoke or spooge.

Leak test or blow up, your choice.