transmission problems??

purpleblaster9

Apr 22, 2008
i went into my garage today and started up my 88 blaster and i was letting it warm up because i was going to ride a bit. then i started giving it some gas and it made a kind of cranking sound like everything locked up. then i couldn't push the kickstarted down. i gave it a hard kick and it went. but there was no compression whatsoever. also you have to rock it back and forth to find first gear. i need some help.

i went into my garage today and started up my 88 blaster and i was letting it warm up because i was going to ride a bit. then i started giving it some gas and it made a kind of cranking sound like everything locked up. then i couldn't push the kickstarted down. i gave it a hard kick and it went. but there was no compression whatsoever. also you have to rock it back and forth to find first gear. i need some help.

Seized for sure. Oil injection off yet? If not, then that's likely the culprit. Probably got too hot or the rings caught on the exhaust port due to lack of lubrication or something... Get oil injection block off plate and a new next size up piston and get it bored. Lemme know any updates.I:I

well i dont think its siezed because i looked at the piston and walls and they seemed fine and the piston moves

Change the piston rings. Back when i rode dirtbikes i kicked my once then heard a grinding sound as it tried to start. I changed the rins and then it was perfectly fine.

well i hope thats what it is, my experience, that sounds like crank bearings. i was riding steady pace down a flat trail just cruisin, and mine locked up like you said, no kickstarter movement at all, and it was the crank bearings. good luck.