Toomey B1 exhaust kit????

probably not but IMO i would have on hand 290- 330 just to be safe and do some plug chops to verify. as there are alot of factors that can change needed jetting range.

If you have jetted for the pipe and have performed a plug chop to verify, there will be no need to change the jetting for the new reeds.

Reeds do not increase the air flow, they just make it happen better.

why on the directions that i got with my boyesen dual stages does it say it can make it run rich on the main and lean on the pilot. to close pilot 1/4 to 1/2 turn and check the plug for main jet.

The "may" statement is a disclaimer to save their butt if anything unforseen happens.

I recently fitted dual stage reeds and all I had to do was to tweak the idle a little.

Any thing that is done to the airflow in a motor deserves a plug chop, if you are playing with the intake, a leak down test is also a great thing to do.

The "may" statement is a disclaimer to save their butt if anything unforseen happens.

I recently fitted dual stage reeds and all I had to do was to tweak the idle a little.

Any thing that is done to the airflow in a motor deserves a plug chop, if you are playing with the intake, a leak down test is also a great thing to do.

much agreed. always better safe then sorry I:I. when i installed my boyesen dual stages i didnt have to touch the main but i did have to richen the air screw about 1/4 turn. to get it back where it was optimal.