the story of my.......

Quadrider10

Dec 18, 2011
New Jersey
www.youtube.com
TIRES! lol

so i bought new tires off moto, and got them mounted. the guy mounted them both for 11$ i payed him under the counter. i go home drop them to 6 psi from what they were at 36 to mount them. and noticed when i push on the side wall it leaked. so i brought them back, and he said he wasent legally allowed to touch the rim, told me to try something, and it dident work. so i bought a new rim from another member on here, gave that one to him, and thew rim i bought was perfectly stright. he put it on, i brought it home, droped it to 6, and again it leaked. i payed him 5 that time. still under the counter. so i brought it to another local tire shop forgot the name, and trhe guy said he couldent do it because he dident have the rite tools, and we were talking about, and his boss came out and said "what do u mean we cant do it!" and this guy loooooked REALLY fimiliar to me, i think ive seen him at soome races. but couldent put 2 and 2 together. anyway he brought the tire back, and said the reason y it was leaking, was because of this.... and he showed me. the bead was cut like all the rubber was ripped off. turns out that the guy from sts cut it up when he used the tire iron or something, and eaither dident tell me, or dident notice he did it. (ill give him the benifit of the doubt and say he dident notice) anyway the guy comes back and says ill try loading it up with beed sealer, but dont expect it to hold. so i said go for it. comes back, and its holding at 6psi. i asked him how much it was, and the guy says "you race rite?" and im like yea, so he goes "its free, i ve been riding all my life and have seen u before" so im like AWESOME! thanks! and he says "if u ever need tires mounted, come to me and ill do them for you for free." now im like AWESOME! so i got free tire mounting for life now! :D hahah! score!

lol the guy is pretty awesome! and such. and i think i parked next to him at a race or something. idk he seemed REALLY fimiliar, and my mom knew him, but i never rode with him before. idk kinda weird. but ill take the free tire mountings! haha but the crappy thing is that i cant blame sts, cause it was under the counter. so eaither way ima have to bbuy a new tire..... if it dosent hold.... damn!

I had a set of fronts leaking around the bead, KT931's on blue labels. They would hold air fine at 25 PSI but at the lower than 10 psi and they would leak in a couple places. I ended up buying Slime Intaspare (Slimes formula of fix-a-flat) and it sealed it and is holding fine. I've since used it in 2 dry rotted lawn mower tires and a slow leak on my work car. All holding air great. I've know Slime was awesome for years but now with convenience of a fix-a-flat can is great. It's like $7 a can at WalMart and 1 can did both 20" rear tires on my aunts mower. 1 can was more than needed in my 21x7x10 front tire so I put the balance in the other front tire. Running them a 7psi and no problems. It's a good product, that I plan to keep on hand.

Glad you finally figured out the problem and way to go on the hook up man. Maybe you could get some stickers of his company logo and rep it as a sponsor. Support his biz for helping you out.

Glad you finally figured out the problem and way to go on the hook up man. Maybe you could get some stickers of his company logo and rep it as a sponsor. Support his biz for helping you out.

i would, but its not a private company. it was like bf good rich or somehting like that before.

iam give moto a call tomorrow and see if they will extange it, if not then i will have to buy another tire

meh ive always hated slime stuff for the tires. always had bad luck.fix a flat i have never tried

iv had good luck with slime and fix a flat i use it in my mowers and atvs but unless you have allum. wheels i wouldent use fix a flat because i heard it rusts the rim