The curse of the blaster build

dbowhntr

May 5, 2011
southern mi
So I thought I would post in this section about the blaster I have been building
It all started when I purchased a 2001 blaster that turned out to be a 98 from a person on craigs list. It was supposed to have a weisco piston and bottom end installed as well as a tommey pipe. The guy even gave me the work order on all the engine work. After a week of riding the piston shattered so I sent it to KOR to have a complete rebuild. I had ken port it, mil the head, lighten the flywheel. It turns out it was bone stock inside. Only thing that the guy told the truth on was the pipe. So now I have taken it over from the wife and got her a raptor 350. Its now my project lol
Here is a list of everything I Have gotten as of today

KOR engine
front hydros
itp front rims with good year tires
new offset rear rims with maxxis tires
new bars and grips
v3 reeds
34mm tm flat side carb
cfm air box
snyder intake boot
silicone boot from cfm to carb
front works non resi shocks
400 ex works shock with remote resi
kor shock bushing
snyder rear grab bar
Spare frame to have powercoated

Still to come:
Have frame powerdercoated yellow
Blue plastics
AWK Rear hydros
Nerf bars and heel guards
front bumper

It has been fun getting to know the workings of the blaster, but I think this thing has a curse. I just has to send the jug and head back to Ken because of an issue ( think it was due to a stud falling out of the head for the exhaust) This was causing it to run lean. Ken is taking care of me though. What a great business he runs. He is there for you well after the sell and that is hard to find. Will post some pictures soon. Thanks for looking.