That took a while

Thats a piece of solid stock I shaved down to fit, now its a +4 swinger...WoooHoooI:I

Attachments

• 201_0425.jpg
    201_0425.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 294
Reactions: chrisroberts916
Would a YFZ 450 shock be the shortist I can find? Is there somthing shorter? Im droping the front -2 so a was thinking, what is a 2 inch longer shock than stock cause I went +4 in the back and -2 in the front, so the rear has to be +2 longer than stock for it to sit level....right

I got one for sale. Its an 07 SE shock so it has the high/low speed compression dampening. However the low speed comp dampner is broken so the valve needs replacing, and it needs a recharge.

Probably not good for your needs though.

the buggy springs are rated for alot more weight than u and the blaster would ever put on them....it would be like riding a rigid....buy shocks intended for ur bike and riding style.

Thats a piece of solid stock I shaved down to fit, now its a +4 swinger...WoooHoooI:I

Solid, as in not tubing? Why? Seems like a lot of weight gained with no real pay-off in strength. Your welds are the always going to be the weak spot :-/ Looks like nice work though. You've done lots of work already, don't chince out on your shock mount. Take the time to figure out the right length and mounting position for the geometry you want. It's well worth it IMO.

Just for ideas, here's the way I built my lower shock mount. It's taken a good amount of abuse and shows no signs of giving up.
http://www.blasterforum.com/suspension-14/started-my-diy-4-swingarm-today-14518/

I ended up with about 12" of very plush travel. Bottoms occasionally on big hits, but on the trail thats rare.