STRATTON's 02 Blaster !!

STRATTON

Feb 16, 2013
hey guys, some of you may have caught my little build thread. well i just finally finished the build today. i bought her in Feb, with extremely low miles. Ken was was surprised what good shape the stock jug and rings where in when he got the motor. the bike is mint in every way. all i did was clean her up, add a few parts and this is how she will stay.

since i bought her i added-

Ken Oconner, aggressive trail ported jug, hemi head mod, Toomey pipe and exhaust, 2inch extended swing arm, 2inch spacers per wheel, 1inch bar risers, dg chrome bumper, dg chrome nerf bars, holeshot chrome rear rims, holeshot turf tamer rear tires, flat black plasti dip plastics (to protect the mint plastics).

1001659_546933018699567_1145731853_n.jpg

1017340_546948498698019_2064903662_n.jpg

970942_546948245364711_704938359_n.jpg

995694_546948408698028_1653153787_n.jpg

1013084_546948428698026_1759417414_n.jpg

1069256_546948462031356_1329568724_n.jpg

just finished breaking in the motor today. she rips for the simple parts and work she had done to her. only thing i might want to change is the gearing, but well see how she feels with all this new found power in the trails. its hard to really get a feel for her driving on the street, but im impressed with the low end and mid range, shes got a really nice punch. only upgrades like i said may be gearing towards more top end, although imma gonna take a wild guess that shes gonna be a handfull in the trails !!! and possibly vforce stage 4 reeds, although throttle response is very crisp as is and lastly a 400ex rear shock.

big thanks to this forum in steering me in the direction of some good parts and Ken Oconner for his great work on my top end. i know where ill be sending anything two stroke related in the future !

stratton.

Reactions: Pankz
thats a nicely built & clean blaster !

we'll expect riding and dirty pics soon I:I

Going riding sunday at 8am, will post up with some pics vids and my thoughtsbon the new set up !

Stratton.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=548806095178926&l=1331831211725076250

heres a lil vid.

after riding a few hours this sunday morning i was thoroughly impressed. the low end and especially the mid range is awesome, the top end pulls strongly. once she got into the powerband she just plain rips. throttle response was really nice and crisp. at some point i may get vforce4 reeds, im sure it will provide a slight performance increase. i cant wait to get her to a bigger park.

ive ridden this park a few times. im familiar with the trails etc. the trails i could go wide open throttle prior to the work i could barely get 1/2 throttle on, some of them even 1/4 throttle on, in the ones i did manage to get wide open throttle on by the time i got to wot it was time to shut it down and brake. the power just comes on so fast and strong :).

the 2 inch swing arm extender did its job perfectly keeping the front end planted. the wheel spacers made the quad much more stable. the bar risers defiantly made the riding position alot more comfortable for some one my height.

only thing i need to change is the rear shock. it is still in good working condition, its just a little stiff, the ride in some spots is a bit jarring. would a 400ex shock soak up the bumps and jumps a lil more and provide a smoother ride ? let me know anyone who has done this mod. if that is the case i will be doing that upgrade soon.

all in all im very pleased with my decision in parts and going with ken for the top end work.

stratton.

Order a few things last week, 400ex shock, kens bushings, extended rear caliper cable kit, caliper rebuild kit threw Yamaha.

Hitting some mountain trails this sunday, all parts should be in by Thursday.

Stratton.

did about 4 or so hours of trail riding on this past sunday.

man what a blast no pun intended. the blaster did phenomenal, i was really impressed with the performance and again very happy with my choice in performance parts. she just ripped, great power and she road and handled really nicely.

the 400ex shock was clutch ! my back didnt hurt at all, not one single bit. it soaked up every bump, rut, rock and boulder i hit. i rebuilt the guts of the rear cable caliper, which im glad i did because i used it alot on the steep decents.

next mods are:

-k&n filter and the mesh uni cover
-skid plates
-rear black shock cover to hide the red spring of the 400ex
-vforce4 reeds (see if it makes a diff)
-4 cans of flat yellow plasti dip for the plastics

i have about 2 and a half hours of ride footage from a go pro. ill try and load it up on youtube.

cheers.

stratton.

the vids came out great on the gopro but nothing worth uploading lol.

here is a vid of my blaster from today. i installed a k&n air filter. WOW what a difference in sound, feel and throttle response. great cheap mod. im thinking i might have been running a tad bit rich with my old uni. installing the k&n must of leaned her out cause the run around the block today was the best shes felt thus far.

will be installing a out wears and vforce4 reeds soon along with the stuff stated above.

heres the vid, just click the link and it should play.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=580456615347207&l=7118859648770476024
stratton.

yeah, it has a 310 jet. i doubt im leaning that out at all.

it still needs to get a outwear.

stratton.