Stock Carb Settings ?

bubba813

Apr 12, 2011
Alright so i went down to the Yamaha shop to get a Carb rebuilding kit & i got the carb apart & im trying to find out the stock settings for it. Its Been Board 50 Over & Boy-seen power reeds so what do i adjust the carb to?

Alright so i went down to the Yamaha shop to get a Carb rebuilding kit & i got the carb apart & im trying to find out the stock settings for it. Its Been Board 50 Over & Boy-seen power reeds so what do i adjust the carb to?

stock main jet is 230, stock pilot is 37.5? i may be slightly off on the pilot.. unless you have a exhaust or no airbox lid i dont think you should have to rejet much at all.. maybe a 240 main

stock pilot is 32.5, and should never need to be changed on anything other than the highest modded motors
but a good cleaning of it should be done at least yearly, pull it, small wire thru it, carb spray, then blown out with a compressor, and hold on tight so it doesnt fly across the garage and get lost < done that !!!!!

Reactions: WRE_Blaster
stock pilot is 32.5, and should never need to be changed on anything other than the highest modded motors
but a good cleaning of it should be done at least yearly, pull it, small wire thru it, carb spray, then blown out with a compressor, and hold on tight so it doesnt fly across the garage and get lost < done that !!!!!

damn thats a tiny jet lol.. thought i was off a little :-[

damn thats a tiny jet lol.. thought i was off a little :-[

been a while since either of us fooled with a stock carb, but i still have a stocker on my sons, and remember writing down the jetting info
if i don't write it, my old ass don't remember it !!!!!

My Yamaha YFS200 U/A Service Manual specifies the main jet as a #220, pilot 32.5.

When I re jetted my sons 2006 Blaster it had a #220 jet in the main.

My Yamaha YFS200 U/A Service Manual specifies the main jet as a #220, pilot 32.5.

When I re jetted my sons 2006 Blaster it had a #220 jet in the main.

seems here in the states, the main jet, and it's supplied cold weather replacement, may vary by region,
i've seen ones with a 220 main, and others with a 230 main

my brand new 96 came with a 230, and an extra 240 for temps under
32 degrees F.

same as some states got pre 88-02 blasters with brake lights on the cable brakes ???? (state law apparently)

Seems like the Clymer and the Yamaha manuals differ. My Yamaha manual says it is for the US and Australia.

I can see why #230 is stock with the lower temps, I need to re programme my brain to think US at times :)

Seems like the Clymer and the Yamaha manuals differ. My Yamaha manual says it is for the US and Australia.

I can see why #230 is stock with the lower temps, I need to re programme my brain to think US at times :)

who knows, this may be a yamaha suggested dealer decision for the temp region ?????

What else differs,

The following is what the Yamaha 252+1 motorcycle YFS 200 U/A Service Manual states"

Main jet #220

Main air jet 0.7

Jet Needle 5J22-2

Needle Jet P-6 (#345)

Pilot Jet #32.5

Pilot Air Screw 1 - 1 1/2 turns out

Float Height 20.0 ~ 21.5mm ( 0.79 - 0.85 in)

Fuel Level 0.5 ~ 1.5mm (0.02 ~ 0.06in)

Engine Idling Speed 1,450 - 1,150 r/min

Any other renditions?

Reactions: WRE_Blaster