Special Tools Required

cyphertext69

Sep 30, 2007
Leonardtown, (Southern) Maryland
Does anyone have a good suggestion as to how to get the Rotor off this without the special tool "rotor holder?"

I have the rotor puller but I don't have the other special tools, ie: case splitter or the rotor holder.

i am trying to split my cases so I can inspect for any pieces of a broken piston. Thanks.

Thanks.

Well...

I have found that I use a good grip and tighten the flywheel puller as much as I can. Them a few gentle taps, tighten again a few more taps and they usually come right off. If not, a basket strainer wrench at the HD or Lowes is like $7 and can be ground down to work fine.

A

Reactions: cyphertext69
I have found that I use a good grip and tighten the flywheel puller as much as I can. Them a few gentle taps, tighten again a few more taps and they usually come right off. If not, a basket strainer wrench at the HD or Lowes is like $7 and can be ground down to work fine.

A

I was talking about how to get the nut off, I think you have to put the flywheel puller on after you get the nut off, right?

oh, oop

I use an impact and never had an issue. You can try wedging a penny in the drive gear and see if that helps enough to get it loose. I have pulled them through the gears before, though. May want to get the wrench.

Makes a mess outta the penny, so make sure if it starts to eat it you pull it all the way through or back. The penny won't hurt the gears or shafts.

A