should i get a bigger carb?

seth michael

Mar 30, 2015
ok so I bought a blaster with a stock header and an fmf silencer and boyseen reeds. I just had to bore it .80 over and found out its got quite a bit of exhaust and intake porting. also head work. I got a reed spacer of a guy for free so I put that on there too. I have no air box lid and a uni dual stage filter. I just put it all together with the stock carb and a 300 main jet and a 35 pilot. my buddy who fixed it all and rebuilt it for me said when he was just cruising breaking it in, it was running fat, but we checked the plug and its running lean. also it would bog at times and we he was getting on it and pulled in the clutch it revved up like it was wide open. so im guessing it needs a bigger carb, more air and fuel. if anyone can help it will be much appreciated.

Way wrong, your symptoms have nothing to do with carb size. Especially if you have stock pipe!!
Did you heat cycle, retorque head and base nut? Leak test after assembly?

Very slim chance that slide might have been sticking. Lean plug says it's lean. Your "bud" doesn't know difference between lean bog and rich (fat) bog. Either leak test or hope there's enough left to bore .100 over

Plus just cruising you were running on needle, not main.