Removing Oil Injection, Need To Rejet? Replace Throttle Cable?

bacardiboy

Feb 20, 2008
Wisconsin
Ok this subject is/was probably beat to death, but I'll try to add a new twist. I have a 2002 Blaster, full Toomey B1 exhaust, jetted, V force reeds, K & N air filter. I am seriously debating whether or not to remove the oil injection system on it and premixing. Is it worth it? Some say it has always worked fine, some say it is trouble in deep winter and others say it has failed and cost them an engine. Maybe I am over analyzing the subject but I feel there is more to removing it properly than is spoken about. If I do go ahead and do it will I have to rejet the carb with my setup? I dont want to take my great running quad and have to do additional work to get it to run great again (after the OI removal). Also will I have to (or is it recommended) replace the throttle cable? I believe the cable is a y, with one cable going to carb and one going to oil pump. Sorry for ramblin on, just love my blaster and want to do whats best for it

i recomend it in the sence that what if something goes wrong and it costs you a motor, it does take a kit to block it off and im sure one of the many online stores carry them. dont ever do a home made blockoff as you will ruin one or another parts. always just buy the kit. it has the plugs and all the sh*t you need. it also gives you a slight power gain but only ifyou mix properly, 32:1 is how i mix any less i blow top end and any more i foul plugs. good luck. oh and as far as the jetting is concerned do away with that stock carb and get the 34mm kehin and the cfm aluminum airbox and k&n filter. youll love the power gain and it will help to eliminate guesswork on the TORS wich is also a recomended removal, do away with thumb throttle and get a twist, motion pro makes a great one that i use. and get rid of the TORS and the carb switch. the DIY section has a good TORS removal guide check it out. and once again good luck.

your quad may go for 100 years and the oil injection system may never fail on you.. but there is a chance.. its not hard to do at all. should be a 2 beer job. just buy a kit, dont try some mickey mouse homemade way, unless you have all the parts available at your house... next answer, you dont have to change the throttle cable. it will work the same way as before you block off. it has nothing to do with the injection system.