rear brake pad help

Aug 22, 2010
ROC ny
ok so i just got some pads off ebay to replace my rear brakes on an 01 blaster. the bigger of the 2 new pads wont fit down into the caliper. i know a lot of aftermarket parts off ebay kind of suck lol. did anyone else ever have this problem? i dont want to force it into the caliper. think i should get oem pads? is it normally a struggle to get these in? thanks for the suggestions

Clean the brake bore out real good and apply some grease.You also half to adjust the brake mechanism by pulling it apart.If the pad is for a blaster it should fit.

I have the whole caliper off the bike and it cable is disconnected. The old pad I can get in and out no prob. I used a dremel n removed the burrs in the caliper. Still no luck. I'll try n lube it up

Both pads on each side wont fit?You half to take the caliper apart and back the brake mechanism off by screwing the scew back in.Its hard to explain but its self adjusting as the brake pad wears out.You half to reset for the new thickness.Plus there is a little tit that needs to go in the slot.Half to pull the cover off the caliper.It should fit tight with the o ring but should not half to have so much force you need to clamp press it in there you may damage it.Best to look at the manual to reset the brake.Its tricky.Half to pull plastic gear back so its not engaging the gears then screw it one way or other cant remember.

Here is what it looks like on the inside.
IMG_20120602_144905.jpg

Yea u put the fist pad in with the aligning pin. No prob there. It's the other pad that you have to slide into the caliper is the one that I'm having trouble with. I have the manual n have been following it to do the pads

hmm.Thats strange.Its possible you have a poor manufactured pad.Like in the pic above pull the guts completely out and try to fit the pad.And also in the pic above do you see the plastic gear.If you lift up on this part so its not engaging the gear and turn it to one side or the other should be able to adjust it so the bolt on other side allows for the larger thinkness.In my mind seems this is what is interfearing with pushing the pad in.Its hard for me to see one pad fits and the other dont.Do they look like they have the same diameter.Do you have calipers available.

In all honesty I was a bit dumb founded at first for a min when changing my pads last week for the first time.Then the light turned on lol.But yeah first measure the pads radiouse and the bore on the caliper.Its hard to explain this one is a hands on thing.Took me a minute myself.

yea........i cant even get the pad started into the bore. it doesnt have anything to do with the adjuster. everything is out of the caliper. i put the smaller pad with the pin in, then try to back in the 2nd pad and it wont enter the bore at all. its gotta be a poor manufactured pad. well i have it stuck now in the caliper. ill drill it out and order OEM pads

Crappy deal.Id take some pics of it and send it to the seller on ebay.He will more than likely refund you or send you another one.There usually really good about that on ebay as every little negative feed back hurts there sales.What brand pad were those.

Last edited: