reaming

tyler1blaster

Aug 16, 2009
virginia
???? ive heard of it but what exactly is it? and what a-arms dont require reaming? and which ones do? first 5 people to answer my question(s) get rep!

thanks, is there a DIY on reamimg or what? i couldnt find anything

reaming is essentially drilling a larger hole , but must be done with the spindle ( at least for best results ) mounted in a jig , and the reamer aligned to make the hole larger and true , it can be done with just a bit and a hand drill but the potential for disaster multiplies by about 7500%

banshee spindles require reaming for the blasters ball joints to fit in and also a cross hole drilled for the pinch bolt, and in my opinion is dangerous, from the pics i saw it didnt leave much "meat" around the ball joints pin, and personally i think i would break it, i ride some really rough stuff at higher speeds than most and also luv gettin some big big air, and would not trust a reamed/rigged spindle on landing a 30ft jump, theres a reason that the ball joint area is as thick as it is on a stock blaster spindle..."strength"
not because japan has a surplus of extra steel,
just get the norman420 spindles, that are done properly for the banshee front brake conversion, and leave the reaming to the gay dudes, hahahaaaa

Reactions: tyler1blaster
nobody fully answered the guys question...

here let me help...

reaming is essentially drilling a larger hole, but must be done with the spindle (correct).
you ream the holes in the spindles so the ball joints fit in. burgard uses a bigger ball joint for their a arms.
you use a special bit called a spindle ream and a drill or drill press. burgard will also ream your spindles for you,and they sell a reamer. (it looks like a hole saw bit that is stepped out. smallest at teh tip, bigger at the base. pyramyd shaped, only round) just send them in and they will do it. it costs like $15? i think i saw that somewhere.

mounted in a jig , and the reamer aligned to make the hole larger and true , it can be done with just a bit and a hand drill but the potential for disaster multiplies by about 7500%

^^^^dont try this. do it correctly. let someone who knows what they are doing do it. you'll be better off in the long run.

when you use burgard arms, however, you can use banshee spindles to use banshee brakes. the part about it not being safe...not true. my brother (370) has multiple sets of burgard arms on his banshees, and hes not easy on them either...no problems.

banshee spindles require reaming for the blasters ball joints to fit in and also a cross hole drilled for the pinch bolt

^^^seems unsafe.

norman420 spindles are the probly the best and easiest way to convert to hydro fronts. but if you use burgard arms, you wont be able to because they mount up like a banshee. for any other arm that still utilizes the pinch bolt style, you can.

is that what you were looking for tyler???? im not one of the 1st 5, do i still get rep???

the ream that you need for aburgard arms is a 1.5in per foot tapered ream.. and you can use a drill press to ream the spindles.. that how i did 3 sets for myself.. otehr amnufactures also use this same ball joint.. i'm not sure about teh blaster arms but i know that lonestar used to use the same ball jint for thier banshee arms as well as others like denton. and actually any aftermarket arm that uses heims or ball joints can be set up to work with a banshee spindle and then used with banshee hubs and brakes.. to have your spindles reamed with ttha tapered ream usually costs $40-$60 or you can buy a tapered rream on line for around the same price.. make sure you keep oil on teh ream if you do it yourself with a drill press to keep the tool cool and also turn the speed down..

banshee spindles require reaming for the blasters ball joints to fit in and also a cross hole drilled for the pinch bolt, and in my opinion is dangerous, from the pics i saw it didnt leave much "meat" around the ball joints pin, and personally i think i would break it, i ride some really rough stuff at higher speeds than most and also luv gettin some big big air, and would not trust a reamed/rigged spindle on landing a 30ft jump, theres a reason that the ball joint area is as thick as it is on a stock blaster spindle..."strength"
not because japan has a surplus of extra steel,
just get the norman420 spindles, that are done properly for the banshee front brake conversion, and leave the reaming to the gay dudes, hahahaaaa

That mod is actually drilling out the top mount to fit the pinch style ball joint.Like said above,reaming is actually enlargening the taper of the hole.The drill bit is tapered,and there are many sizes.I know you want to give norman a plug but he reamed my shee spindles for me so he must be gay then also.lol There are a few companys that require reaming,Burgard is one of them.The Burgards are alot stronger of a ball joint then stock blaster ball joints.

i bought my burgard a-arms used, found out i needed the reaming done to the spindles i asked burgard how much the tool was they told me like 50 dollars then i asked how much for them to do it they said free i only paid for shipping to them they are a really great company