PVL Stator and Rotor

jbuckster07

Mar 20, 2011
Akron, Ohio
Has anyone ever used this before? Im looking for some guidance on whether or not I should just go with an OEM setup after reading for 5 hours on how to properly time this stupid thing since there is no keyway for a woodruff key

Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated.

I've never messed with one. I honestly would go the OEM route. Just for the fact that they are proven, you know you can adjust the timing either with a mod, or an adjustable plate.

But thats my opinion. If its what you have your heart set on, go after it.

What is the advantage of the PVL system? I can see that the flywheel must be considerably lighter than stock but are there any other reasons to buy one?

I had a pvl system on a little race 50. The coil went bad one time and to get one from germany was about $200 plus shipping. they are definitely high quality but the entire kit to upgrade the pit bike was around $500. im just glad it was on there before i got it. i would stick with oem, like stated above its proven and if it does stop working you can just hit up ebay.

Going to try and find an OEM stator. I didnt buy this one, it was on the motor when I bought the quad. Just seems too complicated. Plus the coil on the bike is OEM, so not sure if it will even work anyways.