projector headlight

borednstreched

Nov 19, 2011
coulmubs n.e.
is there any interest of projector headlights for the 03+ blasters?

heres a set i did for a buddy who has a 400ex. there lexus sc400 projectors with 16w bulbs. super bright, light up the whole river.
d1.jpg

d2.jpg

heres the same style lexus projectors in my cavaliers headlights (first set)
a5.jpg

a6.jpg

(second set) lexus lows and bosch highs
SANY0739.jpg

SANY0738.jpg

I might be interested in this...Get us some pics of it at night.

Also, about how much do you think it would run?

I might be interested in this...Get us some pics of it at night.

Also, about how much do you think it would run?

depends on what you want... a single projector, dual, triple.(halogen or hid) and for accents i can do halos, leds, ccfls.

his 400ex's with no extras cost me 150 to build using new oem projector units, and a new lexan lense. in the end i charged him 200 and had 6 hrs of labor into them.

my first set of headlights for the cav cost me 600 and the second set(currently on car) i have 1100 into them parts and my time.

also both the 400ex's and mine im prototyping for the blaster are shield-less.(always high beam)

heres a pic of the ones im working on for my blaster
1105092123a-1.jpg
bosch projector like the ones in my headlights. led back lit, with a super white led halo

a single projector with a hid ds2 bulb in a 03+ headlight, with a new heat resistant lense would run around 230. as the whole back of the headlight housing will have to be modified to fit the projector.(the hid setup is the most expensive part) and youll have to have a 55w stator i believe.
i mount using stainless hardware, id have to get a headlight housing to tell you how the projector would be mounted. i can tell you i use slide screws out of gm headlights to make the projector pointable inside the headlight or it can be made stationary.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, 400ex has a battery, therefore DC voltage. To use hids on Blaster you have to do AC/DC conversion + battery.

yes your correct, i never even checked to see if the blasters are ac or dc(my bad) thats why i mentioned the 55w stator as i dont know if a 35w will charge a 12v batt correctly,ive never tried.
you might be able to get away with using a inline charger like a breakaway safety switch system on trailers with electric brakes and a 12v batt source as back up. they can charge a car batt off one of those with a 12v 10amp current coming from the truck.
all of this would require you to have a stator putting out a dc current.

anyone know off hand how many amps our stators are? left my fluke at work.

all that is needed to put a projector in a 03+ headlight. is a H1 style projector unit that will fit inside the headlight housing and clear the lense in front, run a 28-35 watt H1 foglite bulb. and done, granted its not hid but at least its a projector.
for hid, like mentioned before. youd need a batt, dc stator, rewire, mount ballast, hope the heat doesnt warp the headlight lense.

im swapping to a sport bike engine so i dont have to worry about the batt and dc stator or rewire.