Painted my plastics and frame!

WatchMeFly023

May 3, 2012
gonna paint my plastics white heres a preview with a anodized orange frame. frame needs touching up. swinger is getting painted dark gray as you can see ! but tell me how you like it.

Attachments

• IMAG0434.jpg
    IMAG0434.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 337
  • IMAG0435.jpg
    IMAG0435.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 314
  • IMAG0436.jpg
    IMAG0436.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 322
  • IMAG0438.jpg
    IMAG0438.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 336
  • IMAG0439.jpg
    IMAG0439.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 317
Reactions: blasterfreek30
awesome work man!:) white plastics are what i am after but i am no good at spray painting and i asked a garage to do it and they said id be best buying new plastics as they would take as much as it would cost for new ones lol but liking the color :) white plastics match the fridge perfectly haha :D

It's really not hard man. im 16 no painting skills at all except like two bike frames its all about prep sand it down with some medium grit sandpaper. wash. wipe down with some alcohol. paint on two or three coats of adhesive promoter for plastics. spray on first caot sand with a finer sand paper repeat that step like four times and then just put a couple of coats of more aint on top and it should hold good mine has 7 coats of white and 10 clear! it looks mad cool in person like your looking into the plastics ;) pretty dope. plastics are pretty expensive man im paying prob like 120 bucks for adhesive promoter white paint and clear coat for all of the plastics. just do it right the first time and you wont regret it later. plus i like the look of plainted plastic better than actual plastic more shine in my opinion and if worst comes to worst and it gets in bad shape which with 10 coats of clear i doubt anytime soon its gonna do anything sand down clear coat repaint a couple coats of white clear it brand new plastics again haha should try it out just dont overspray be cautious have patience.

im repainting or polishing everything on my wheeler check into my profile every now an then see how the build is coming hopefully be in riding condition by jauary and like show room by spring got a 1200$ list of parts i want :)

It's really not hard man. im 16 no painting skills at all except like two bike frames its all about prep sand it down with some medium grit sandpaper. wash. wipe down with some alcohol. paint on two or three coats of adhesive promoter for plastics. spray on first caot sand with a finer sand paper repeat that step like four times and then just put a couple of coats of more aint on top and it should hold good mine has 7 coats of white and 10 clear! it looks mad cool in person like your looking into the plastics ;) pretty dope. plastics are pretty expensive man im paying prob like 120 bucks for adhesive promoter white paint and clear coat for all of the plastics. just do it right the first time and you wont regret it later. plus i like the look of plainted plastic better than actual plastic more shine in my opinion and if worst comes to worst and it gets in bad shape which with 10 coats of clear i doubt anytime soon its gonna do anything sand down clear coat repaint a couple coats of white clear it brand new plastics again haha should try it out just dont overspray be cautious have patience.

yeah man id rather save the hassle of painting but that is just me. i can't stand painting lol im going to get used white rear fender and tank cover and just buy my front one as i want the race hood but its pretty hard finding used parts over here. i can get the new race hood for £150/$200 delivered and i can probably swap my blue plastics for the white rear set I:I

Update! my a-arms are gonna be chrome powder coated and my swinger is going to be polished! in a month or so i hope to start putting parts back on her.