Oil Overfill?

B

brhokla

Hi, just got a 2001 Blaster and the oil canister in back of bike is full. The site glass on engine looks to be full as I can't see any oil line and I believe it may be overfilled. I have a clear hose that comes off the engine case and it runs up the bike to the handlebars area and when I run the bike oil comes up through the hose and drips. Does this mean the previous owner overfilled the crank case with oil or does this sound like a problem?

i would say its to full lol it should be right in the middle of the sight glass i cant remember the right amount i think its .64quart or around there i could be wrong

would it being to full cause the oil to pump out the hose that runs from the crank case to the handle bars? It looks like some sort of breather hose or something.

would it being to full cause the oil to pump out the hose that runs from the crank case to the handle bars? It looks like some sort of breather hose or something.

Yes, you are correct over full will cause it to go out the breather hose. It can also make your bottam end seals go out.

P.s. The oil canister under your seat is completly different than the tranny oil. That is your 2 stroke oil injection that gets mixed with fule to be burned in the top end.