oil injection removal

bbblaster99

Dec 3, 2011
hey guys i when i first bought my blaster i rode it for the first time and within 15mins of riding my engine overheated and piston locked up.... and thats when i found out my oil injection wasnt giving enuff oil and i could have blown my "perfect running engine!".. so i got scared and cut off the oil injection .... TELL ME IF I DID IT CORRECTLY.

First i cut the wire from oil resivwar to crank case and i bent the wire in half so sh*t wouldnt get sucked in and tied it up. now i mix gas and it runs perfect i have no problem and havent ever since..... so i geuss im good right? i dont have to use any "KIT" to remove it?

where the oil line hooks to ur carb u NEED to block that offf with a nipple or something so it dont suck air there. also its a good ideal to pull ur clutch cover and remove the plastic gear that is back there completely disabling the oil pump.

Question, was it a violent lock up or as slow sieze.

If the motor locked up you need to see if any damage was done to the piston and bore. Even a slow sieze can cause the piston to shed aluminuim and deposit it on the cylinder wall. Either way the condition of rings, piston and bore should be investigated.

Take the exhaust pipe off and get a look at the piston and rings, through the exhaust port, to see if they are damaged at all. With the piston down, a scource of light, a little mirror and a flexibale neck, one can get a rough idea on the condition of the bore.

If all looks good do a compression test.

If there are any marks, scores or signs of scuffing on the piston, you should take the top end off to see the extent of the damage. Dont try to run it as more damage could occur, costing you more money.

Motors wilth minor top end damage can perform very well, for a while, and then out of the blue $$$$$$$$$$

Last edited: