**OEM first time jetting**

*Quad*King*1986

Oct 23, 2011
Bucks county, PA
I need help/opinions even though I know what works with one vehicle won't with another... That being said! I have a 2000 that's FLOTEK trail ported and I have a power core 2 silencer but stock fatty pipe unfortunately. I live in PA so it's a cold now and stuff is starting to freeze outside (my pool lol). I took my main jet out and it's a 210 and the pilot is 32.5 I need to upgrade but not sure what sizes to go with. Any guesstimates would be great just to point me in the right direction... And no I didn't do a plug chop and I wish I did before I removed my carb :( THANKS IN ADVANCE

I d start with a 280 jet but buy a 270, 280 and mabey a 290 and a 35 pilot jet and you should be set to go. provided you dont ride it in the snow. The other members would tell ya you need to by a bigger carb like a 30MM and idealy you should. But I'm pretty shure your on a budget just like everyone else so just buy those jets and let us know how it goes all together there like $9 with tax. Good luck

cool, Thanks RACER51! i actually am saving for a new one. im saving up for a "KEIHIN PWK 35mm". from what i understand the pwk's are the easiest to tune and give rather large power gains. What set-up are you running? (needle,main,pilot?) im hoping to get my jets today and be running by tomorrow ;)

you could also message denny and he should be able to give you an idea on where to start with the jetting since he did the work

i vote to start in the low/mid 300's on the main....310/320 for a ported topend, and the 32.5 pilot should be good for all but the biggest bbk's w/ porting, stock needle middle clip
all to start with, then plug chop to perfection

i vote to start in the low/mid 300's on the main....310/320 for a ported topend, and the 32.5 pilot should be good for all but the biggest bbk's w/ porting, stock needle middle clip
all to start with, then plug chop to perfection

hey AWK, long time no talk lol. well i actually went to the local honda dealer ship and picked up 3 main's & 2 plugs. the size's are as follows... 270, 280, 290 and they didnt have any pilots jets in stock so im using the origanal one for now(32.5) And the kid on the cash register gave practically 50% off my total came to $14.50 :D So your saying that my pilot jet is okay then or do i need a larger one? what do you think about those main sizes though,too small for your liking's?and another thing i have been meaning to ask you guys on here is -if i get the KEIHIN 35MM PWK what size jets do they come with? will i need to order a jet kit at the same time to save on shipping cost & more importantly time. OOHH and any suggestions for the needle? Im all ears!B)

stock 32.5 pilot, stock needle/middle clip position, airscrew at 1.5 turns out
i'd do a wide open plug chop on the biggest jet you bought, a plug chop will tell you what it needs...larger or smaller, it's the only positive way

if your gonna order a brand new 35mm, most places will jet it close for you, then suggest a few main jets to start with for plug chops, i know carbpartswarehouse.com will jet it close for you, prolly others too
and ask for a "dgh" or "cel" needle in it, they are key to getting the 34/35's to run right on our blasty's

if your gonna buy used, get it in your hands first, report to us what jets and needle are in it, and we'll guide you from there

i run a 45 pilot, "dgh" needle, a 155 main in the summer, and a 162 in the cooler months

and IMO ....jet kits are a waste of money, too many jets you won't need

X2 on starting with largest and doing plug chop. Depending on if you plan on riding in the cold, if chop is marginally good, go up one size. Note what the temps are if it's say 30 and you want to ride when it's 15 you should go up one size

stock 32.5 pilot, stock needle/middle clip position, airscrew at 1.5 turns out
i'd do a wide open plug chop on the biggest jet you bought, a plug chop will tell you what it needs...larger or smaller, it's the only positive way

if your gonna order a brand new 35mm, most places will jet it close for you, then suggest a few main jets to start with for plug chops, i know carbpartswarehouse.com will jet it close for you, prolly others too
and ask for a "dgh" or "cel" needle in it, they are key to getting the 34/35's to run right on our blasty's

if your gonna buy used, get it in your hands first, report to us what jets and needle are in it, and we'll guide you from there

i run a 45 pilot, "dgh" needle, a 155 main in the summer, and a 162 in the cooler months

and IMO ....jet kits are a waste of money, too many jets you won't need

GREAT INFO MAN!!! im gonna swap out my main today and hopfully clean it while its already apart, then ill put it back on tomorrow sometime and immediately after that im doing the plug chops... why is there such a difference in our jet sizes? is 155 keihin main different from a 155 Mikuni main besides the fact they are 2 different companies? I'll be sure to ask about the DGH/CEL needle when ordering & yah your totally right about places jetting for you...I've been lurking around on Ebay waiting for a good deal lol and almost all sellers say they will do it for you. and yah i felt the same way about a jet kit, im not gonna buy 10 main jets when im only gonna use 2-3 tops, i'de rather do what i did and just pic up a few as you need em.

yes, mikuni and kiehin jet #'s are way different

be sure to completely disassemble the carb while your in there, remove all jets, floats, float valve, ect, clean with carb cleaner and blow out with compressed air
then check your float level, should be 20-21.5 mm, measured like this............

4785-float-height.jpg