Now the swingarm

YamaZuki

Jul 26, 2012
Upstate NY
Now that the wheeler is beutified again, today i woke up ,restored my fathers 22 over 20 rifle, then got onto the swingarm,3.5 inches extended,still pulls front end up.
I need to now weld on some plates to have adjustable shock mounts.,the shock is off a 85 gs550l and has preload and dampning adjustments.
when i sit on it it comes down to the propper highth but not sure if i like it.here it is for now tho.
It has channel inside for strength and i put angle iron on th outside also.no way this things gonna break.
Next i am mounting a caliper off the gs for the rear brakes.pic's to follow when those mods are done.
Havin a shatload of fun modding this blaster.so nice to have a welder.
yesterday i mounted the tires on the aluminum front rims i had,sealed the valve stem,drilled n installed one on the other side n flipped the rims for a wider stance.
I still wanna widen the front end more,git me some plate i will do that mod too.And all for free,too sweet.I:I
S6300027.jpg

S6300035-1.jpg

S6300034-1.jpg

S6300037.jpg

S6300039.jpg

Reactions: 79 bronco
if you read what i wrote u would see it Didn't ride to good lol, i just wanted to ride tonight.Wasn't bad,but wasn't good either,when i sit on it it comes down to propper highth with the streetbike shock on it.Plates going in tomarrow for shock adjustment.When it is done it will have 6 holes for shock adjustment for different riding.if this fab can't get me rep than i don't know what to do here lmao.I think it came out nice.There will be some plate betwen the 2 mounts u see with 6 holes for adjustments.

Reactions: bummer981
Looks nice and strong!!! Can't wait to see some pics with the adjustable shock mount.. It looks like you used 2 swingarms. I like the idea of using 2 swingarms because you only have one welded seam. It also look like you used the the shock mount from the other swingarm for the front mount, I LIKE IT!!!!!I:II:II:II:I

Last edited:
I did one for my 01 last week, +4" (still have to do my shock mount). I use 2 to make one, cut each 2" from center and welded the 2 long pieces together. Did you use 2 different swing arms too?

Here is the final product,
Powerslides easy as hell,still pulls wheelies tho more controlled.Now i just want the front end a tad wider.
The front wheels are flipped,i plugged the original valve holes and drilled and installed now ones.
Here are the pics.Enjoy,i know i am.hehe
These pics are before i finished the heel gaurd also they are painted black and finished with the grinder now.
S6300040.jpg

S6300042.jpg

Reactions: motoman159
I did one for my 01 last week, +4" (still have to do my shock mount). I use 2 to make one, cut each 2" from center and welded the 2 long pieces together. Did you use 2 different swing arms too?

Yes i used 2 stock swingers to make 1.Pretty much the same way u did.Deffinately happy with a free extended swingarmhehe.I:I
This adjustable setup give me the ability to lower it about 3-4 inches for track riding,and then up higher for ridin the mountain trail nearby,it is very rocky n rough up there.
Inside i have tubesteel then an Angle iron brace on the outside making 3 layers,no way this puppy will break.

Wow thats a nice looking setup. I'd like that for things like going from MX to TT or flattrack. That would be sweet. Good job, rep also given.

Suzuki caliper mocked up welded and installed.Larger pad area,i think my master needs a rebuild tho.Came out pretty decent,Mulling in my head now a way to widen the front end Using stock a-arms,how wide can i go with stock tie rods?
S6300061.jpg

or could i just use the master from the suzuki donor bike?hmm.Answeered my own question i guess lol.Anything to save money towards a new top end i guess