Newbie on blaster..low comp

330motorsports

Nov 16, 2015
Hey guys new on these forums new to blasters not new to working on quads,bikes,etc

Anyway customer sent me a blaster engine to work on. Said it ran poorly couldn't describe anything to me by what he meant. Anyway first thing came to mind would be wore top end..what you know took it off and I could physically move the top end around in the jug. So we decided to replace with new cylinder piston rings gaskets all back to stock.reeds looked intact so I left them alone..Anyway brings bike over I install motor mixed some 32-1 fuel with some spectro and it started and sounded great..off he went yay!....two days later he said he was riding it lost all power won't idle and has no power...still riding with the gas I mixed for him as it was a full tank and he claimed was his first ride...brings it back only will start with playing with the gas..doesn't idle. And will not rev and will only go maybe 2mph and smokes bad. Pulled plug and it's a oily mess. So now I'm thinking leaking crank seals. I go replace both and the clutch side is bad. Put all back together new plug..and start it its the same thing..not so much the smoking now but no idle no power checked the comp it's 60psi full throttle about 20kicks. Put it on another bike in shop to check Guage and it was right on the money..also when I pulled the plug it was wierd it has no color to it I mean it looks like I just put it in there with no run time. When i had it running for like 5 min trying to adjust the carb to see if it was off. Haven't took the jug off yet to check top end. So my question being with the bad crank seal could that roach the top end that fast? I'm not a 2 stroke guy so this is alil foreign to me..I didn't leak down test either due to a so called friend borrowing my tool and not returning it..any help be appreciated. ..

Mods to blaster stock top end
Fmf fatty pipe and silencer
Oko 30mm carb 42 or 52 pilot 155mj
Open airbox

An air leak that bad can def tear the engine up that quickly. But if you used the 90 dollar piston/cylinder kit from eBay they are notorious for running for an hour or 2 then losing compression, just Chinese crap.

The bad part is idk where they got all the parts so that could be a possibility right there.has anyone had luck putting new rings on those kind of parts..or is the cylinder really that bad

If he did get it from eBay though they will give him a new one at no charge cause they want to keep that 5 star rating. Could do it again and make sure it's absolutely air tight and he may get 10 hours out of it.

Well found out that's what's in it a 90 dolla holla I just read the post on them im gonna assess the damages and see if I can reuse the cylinder and clean up the casting flaws and do the same with the piston and replace the rings

Good luck. check it good because someone here tried cleaning one of those up and found there is serious pitting, maybe he will get lucky and his wont be full of little holes but it is from China so doubt it.

Besides the crap cylinder kit, those OKO 30mm carbs are a pain to jet. The customer would be better off going back to a stock mikuni 26mm carb, that can be tuned easy.

Ya well when your alil slow you do whatever to put food on the table.I took the top end off and found two broken reeds the Lower corners were broke off. The cylinder and piston actually look really good no edges to destroy the rings..No Uneven wear. Idk what would make that happen but I don't see anything that could make it happen other then the reeds being brittle