New KY member

TwistedGA

Jun 8, 2016
Hey everyone, figured I would create a new account since it's been over 10 years probably since I was last on the site. My email wasn't recognized so I really had no choice I guess. I've had several blasters over the years, and the last one I bought was just before my wife and I got together, it was put together by a race team that had a ton of extra stock parts, so I got it pretty cheap. It was a million colors so I tore it down to repaint it and it got pushed aside for numerous reasons. I'm working on getting everything sandblasted and laid out where I can actually begin planning the rebuild.

My older brother passed away last June from a heart condition caused by cancer 20+ years ago. When the Make A Wish Foundation asked him what he wanted, he chose a Blaster(like there any other choice!). He eventually rebuilt it and painted it to suit his liking. I have every intention of building mine with the same color scheme in memory of my late brother, with a few special touches to make it even more meaningful.

Anyway, today I got a call that his widow had stumbled upon some of his projects from later in his life, covered in weeds and sunk halfway into the mud. I made a trip out to their place and decided to go ahead and take whatever I found. One of the finds was a blaster frame with basically nothing good on it besides the steering column, which I need because mine is bent. The other find, well, I'm not sure what to think about it. It seems to be a Suzuki LT230, with an old school Yamaha motor rigged onto it. I highly doubt this thing ever moved itself, and is missing quite a bit of parts. The plastics are so dry rotted, they broke off on the ride to my place.

What do I even do with this monstrosity??
WP_20160608_001.jpg WP_20160608_002.jpg

Reactions: blasDa
Welcome back.

Crazy looking quadrunner there.

That's a really cool thing to do in your brother's memory. That will make your Blaster even more meaningful