new here..rebuilding 93 blaster

02ranger

Nov 21, 2009
woodstown nj
ok well im new here..so sorry if i posted wrong lol. i just bought a beat up 93 blaster that was blown up...needs all bearings/bushing all new plastic prolly wire harness as no rear brake caliper.paints all bad on frame...so yeah everythings bad. got it for 150...had new tires lol. soo im just looking for some suggestions on paint..fenders and engine kits. ill be putting some pics up soon. its down to the frame everythings off it. i was looking into hydrolic brake conversions..idk just need some guidance in the right direction....thanks

I would rebuild top end with wesico piston rings etc etc

Also i would get gas oil and heat resist primer/paint and gloss

I dont know much about brake conversion but someone will teach you

cool thanks guys.. helped me out a lot. assuming my swingarm is aluminum...if i paint it the same as frame will it turn out good or should i just polish it up. i know this thing has no rear brakes at all and the front are shotty..if i got 03 blaster brakes for rear do they bolt right up or is there some modding? i know the fronts are gona be a pain..but ill do with out until i can afford all that.

the swingarm is steel, and there is some fabbing involved in the 03+ rear brakes, refer to the rear setup i showed ya above, it'll be real similar

Welcome to the forum bro.

Sounds like you have a nice project on your hands.

At least you got some new tires LOL.

Do you have a manual? It is your best friend for when rebuilding your Blaster.

ok cool. i have it completely stripped down and ordered all the bearings and bushings and whatnot..so ill get back to you guys after i get that much done.

ok well some updates...itls a rolling chassis now actually looks like something painted a nice duplicolor deep metallic red with metalic grayish a arms and swing arm. tore my engine down to see why it had siezed up. my first thought was top end..but quite the contrary. the piston actually wobbled quite a bit in the cylinder which too me seems bad..so new bore and piston will be coming. idk how it was even running with that much slap in it. Of course thats not why it siezed up. so next though..pull the case apart to see the clutch and stuff. looks as tho a piece of metal got jammed between two gears so im not sure where it came from..couldnt get the clutch basket off due to a broken impact gun. so thats where im at with it. if anyone has any ideas pointers its much appreciated. thanks so much. ill get some pics up soon.I:I

an one other issue my ball joints are bad on my a arms. i really dont think they can be replaced? if im right what do i do and whats the best option?