Need help pronto

BGATZ

Jun 29, 2011
CT

if any help please let me know what i can do dont want to blow another motor

Last edited by a moderator:
"kills the quad" screams a TORS system failure. It's there to stop the engine from revving in the event that the throttle cable binds. However, TORS related problems are FAR more common than throttle cable issues.

Revving to the moon is a symptom of a lean condition either caused by a clogged pilot jet or an air leak.

Reactions: doodleaddict
^^^ true dattt

just to add, if you found it odd the blaster was revving to the moon and not dieing after turning the key and kill switch off. The reason of for this is because the engine is revving at such a high rpm that the engine is actually pre-igniting itself. meaning the spark plug isnt fireing the engine anymore so when killing that the shear speed of the piston and lack of heat and combustion leaving the cylinder is ingniting the cicle keeping the engine running. Kinda neat scared me the first time :p

^^^^^ also known as "deiseling" on a normally spark ignited engine. A REALLY lean condition helps continue this very bad situation by making the flame temperature higher and the ignition temperature lower.... If you had touched the throttle while the kill switch was off and richened the mixture you actually probably would have stopped the engine in its tracks.

Now what about the throttle If he presses it up it just kills the motor. Also there is a wire under the hood that isn't plugged in. If we plug it in the quad will not run

^^^^^ also known as "deiseling" on a normally spark ignited engine. A REALLY lean condition helps continue this very bad situation by making the flame temperature higher and the ignition temperature lower.... If you had touched the throttle while the kill switch was off and richened the mixture you actually probably would have stopped the engine in its tracks.

never thought about it that way. lol altho having your fresh blasty revving to distruction its hard to think of anything other then SHUT THIS THINNNGGG OFFFFFF. ill keep that in mind next time this may happen.

bgatz the best advice i got for ya look up tors deleat and do that. unless kiddies are driving this bike i would just remove it, look it upp.

usuallly mixture should be about 1 1/2 turns.... i think

Did you do a leakdown on this new build? You should. What jetting do you have in it? Could have been gasket under tors cap. Plug off oil injection nipple? (if deleted)

Last edited:
yea dude, these blaster were the junior quad of there day. altho greatly over powered these bikes had things like the tors system to be safe for the inexperienced riders planned to own the machine. In your case aswell as many others you dont need such a overriding system. you should be able to find post's on how to disable it

280 main
Never did leak down.
Most likely gonna remove tors. If I messed up what is the worst possible outcome

It runs fine. We were just trying to adjust the idle. I barely moved the box on top of the carb and it started screaming. It kept going till it died. Then we started it rode it home

280 is rich enough, really should do a leak down test thoo. the worst that can happen is the bike wont start. i know theres many post on it actually theres a recent one from last week. for the most part you just have to unplug the whole system and maybe add a wire to bypass it. i forget to be honest its pretty straight forward thoo

I watched the video on YouTube. He cuts everything out. Can't I just unplug all the wires instead of cutting.
The one to the throttle, brain thing, and carb look liked they could all be unplugged. Also what years have tors. Cause on my 04 I don't see it.

They all have/had X( them 03+ require some wire spliceing. pre 03 can just unplug the "brain". Your clue is that when you touched the "brick" on top of carb it reved out, either cap/carb is stripped , no /bad gasket, or it wasn't tight enough.

280 main
Never did leak down.
Most likely gonna remove tors. If I messed up what is the worst possible outcome

Must do a leak down test.

Without knowing your mods itis impossible to say wether you have the correct main jet.

You need to adjust the idle and then perform a plug chop to see if the main jet suits your mods.

Idle adjusting.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a fast idle.

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs to allow the motor to respond.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .