Need a couple parts!

shizzle8787

Aug 16, 2012
Illinois
It won't let me post in the wanted section so wasn't sure where to post this. I did spend $10 to become a supporting member, but it never showed up as so on the forum, went through on paypal.

I've been working on my blaster and it seems the previous owner liked to lose part's when working on it. So I need a few things. I already ordered the two washers that go on the rear hubs, but found more things after that.

So this is what I need,

Baffle for the carb, and bracket that secures the carb cap.
I need one of the washers that go in the end cap on the swing arm.
I could use the right side heel gaurd and hardware too.

If anyone has those parts I'd be glad to take them of your hands. Thanks!

Re: Re: Need a couple parts!

i dont have the bracket that holds the cap on, that should be fine mine is always tight, and whats the baffle?

The little plastic piece that is in the float bowl, it's right on the main jet. If neither of those parts are a big deal then I'll put together without them.

The little plastic piece that is in the float bowl, it's right on the main jet. If neither of those parts are a big deal then I'll put together without them.

you need the baffle, dont put it togethor without it. "never enough time or money to do it right the first time but always enough money and time to do it right the second time" the i just wanna ride scenario i think it was best who said that

I'm not in a hurry for real, I'm just tired of finding all this crap the guy before me messed up! I know there are sites for oem parts, but they want like $18 to ship some $4 washers.

Well I found a site called cycle parts warehouse, and they weren't as bad as the other sites. So I ordered the baffle and all the washers I needed. Now hopefully I don't find anymore missing parts!

i took my baffle out, i take them out on all the carbs i rebuild, no difference in running either.

Then you are not riding the bike to its maxium potential.

Put it at speed into some corners or whoops and you may find out why the slosh baffle is in the carby.

It is designed to stop the motor leaning out by suppressing movement of the fuel away from the jets.

If the jets are not fully immersed in fuel they will suck air and an unpermissable AFR will be produced.

As you should know a lean mix can be responsible for a fried piston.

Short periods of unoticable lean running (which can happen without the baffle in place) will slowly but surely damage the piston .

Carb manufacturers put the baffle there for a good reason, why override their expertise and research.

Well I found a site called cycle parts warehouse, and they weren't as bad as the other sites. So I ordered the baffle and all the washers I needed. Now hopefully I don't find anymore missing parts!

well i will continue to run all my carbs without the slosh baffle, and i promise the FIRST thing i will do if i ever ruin a piston or cylinder will be to make a thread and pm you personally.

im not being a smart a$$ at all, but do a plug chop after a few hard runs before and after the baffle removal