My new front end!

zmaro

Dec 7, 2010
MN
Well I finally got home to put on my new front a-arms and hydro brakes. They are Burgard +2 +1 chrome arms, and banshee/YFZ front hydros/master cylinder. I also got my new Hiper racing CF1 front rims on. Here are some pics.
before:
25gxd89.jpg

stock / new
1r4x95.jpg

11b45yq.jpg

Both on
dg1ifs.jpg

2rorwc6.jpg

2qd95b8.jpg

And here is how i n*er rigged my rear brake to work just for a little ride haha
k2crp3.jpg

Im very happy with them. They make the shocks softer which is nice. Overall installation wasnt bad, but I ran into a few unexpected issues. To get the tie rods off the steering stem we had to take a torch to the stem and pry them out. On the lower arms to get the front bolts off I had to take off the bumper. And for the rear bolt on the exhaust side of the lower arms the bolt hit the pipe before it came out, so I basically had to take apart the complete exhaust to move the expansion chamber enough to get the bolt out. Other than that it was all good though.
Let me know what you think.

looks good. i love mine but im not running blaster shocks. but for mine when i took my pld ball joints out i pounded on the sides of them with a bfh.

very nice looking setup, those front tires are grabby too.

did you get that stuff on exriders?

Thanks, and no I got them from ZSK on here.

looks good. i love mine but im not running blaster shocks. but for mine when i took my pld ball joints out i pounded on the sides of them with a bfh.

Yeah I will have to get it out on the trail to see about shocks, I'm really light so these felt good that they were softer. But I will be looking for a deal on some works.

Thanks, when I get out of school (May 13ish) I wanna paint the front hubs yellow along with a few other things, and wash it. Here is a pic of the new rims/ tires. I think It will look sweet with the yellow hubs in the front, with the beadlock rings on the back.
ifr7o8.jpg

Looks nice man....I see you changed wheels and tires on the truck in the background as well....

Thanks. I was pretty pumped to get them on, I think it looks mean, low and wide.

Looks nice man....I see you changed wheels and tires on the truck in the background as well....

Haha I was waiting for someone to say that. It's my dad's '05 Sierra, with 18 inch american racing rims for the summer. Mine is the '99 2-door Tahoe in the last pic. I have big rims for that, 20 inch "Vogue Custom Built Apex" rims made in Chicago. Got a steal on them on craigslist.

looking good man! are you planning on racing it?

No I mostly ride trails and fire roads which is why I stayed with only +2's. I do plan to go to a track or two this summer with some friends and people on here if possible. By the way, do you have a Z28?

Thanks. I was pretty pumped to get them on, I think it looks mean, low and wide.

Haha I was waiting for someone to say that. It's my dad's '05 Sierra, with 18 inch american racing rims for the summer. Mine is the '99 2-door Tahoe in the last pic. I have big rims for that, 20 inch "Vogue Custom Built Apex" rims made in Chicago. Got a steal on them on craigslist.

No I mostly ride trails and fire roads which is why I stayed with only +2's. I do plan to go to a track or two this summer with some friends and people on here if possible. By the way, do you have a Z28?

yeah, 87 Z28/IROC. fun little beater car

Thanks guys. I looked for quite a while to find a good deal on a set, after trying to get a guy down $20 and missing out, I jumped on these which were probably a better deal since these are chrome Burgards, where the others were dirty looking LSR's for the same price. I'm looking forward to gettin it out for a real ride. I just rode around in a empty lot next to our house, but I felt like the neighbors were not happy with the noise on easter sunday haha.