Loose Chain!!!

DURAN153

Nov 5, 2011
Well for the past days or some ive noticed that my chain is loose...i was trying to find out how to tighten but i have found nothing. if anybody knows how please help me out.

Loosen the big nuts on the Axel then adjust the chain tensors there are one on each side in the back of the Axel then re-tighten the big nuts also have someone your size sitting on the bike while you tighten the chain.

Loosen the big nuts on the Axel then adjust the chain tensors there are one on each side in the back of the Axel then re-tighten the big nuts also have someone your size sitting on the bike while you tighten the chain.

Whoa there , not them axle nuts.

you need to loosen the nuts that hold the carrier, you may need to hold the other end of the bolt

Then adjust the nuts on the adjusters which stick out the rear of the carrier housing.

:)Make sure you adjust them the same or the chain may come off.

Adjust for 35mm up and down movement of the chain with someone on the bike.

Tighten the nuts back to 36 ft lb

no need AT ALL to loosen the two big nuts, they serve NO purpose is tightening the chain. they only are only needed to be removed when taking out your axle and taking off the sprocket. Do exactly as Blaaster suggested.