Lean on front left steer...

Diesel Don

Apr 25, 2013
Altmar,NY
After 500 dolaris worth of motor work shes running 100%. No complants. Had it home for 2 days and the 2nd day i had it (Yesterday) got into a wreck.. Only my luck. It sheard a bolt clean off. I was making a 90 degree turn and the rider behind me wasnt paying attention to my brakelight nor my hand signals. He clipped me with his right drive and my left steer. Get it loaded on the truck and off into the garage and realize my rim or somthing has a small degree lean to it now. Wasnt like this before. It was dead on straight. Put the new bolt in and its still got the lean to it. What else could it be?

It also has a small woble on the wheel. no its not wheelbearing as i just replaced them. I can get A arms and a spindle for 65 bucks...

could be a bent rim, tie rod or spindle
as mentioned above, only a side by side comparison and some measuring will tell which

what bolt got sheared ?

get it up off the ground, start by spinning the wheels,
then measure distance between the fronts and backs of tires,
if sitting level, measure up to each
checking for any differing measurements from side to side

Have it circled in red. Right by part number 22 and 31

that appears to be 1 of 2 bolts that hold the tie rod mount to the spindle ?
chances are you bent the tie rod/end too
or possibly that bolt on mount ?

If sombody could give me a list of parts that could be bent that would be great. Tierod/end looks fine. The a arms dont look bent. I was hit with 60-70mph impact

Could the frame itself have been tweaked? Otherwise check the arms really closely on the part thats by your feet (backside) and feel them to notice any little bend or bump...

Could very well be tweaked but Id adsume the bolt that broke took most of the impact. Gunna take the wheel off and check the spindle