kfx rear shock ooops

deezymarquez1

Feb 18, 2016
So I purchased an 08 kfx rear shock..the spring was a bit rusty so I removed it..noticed the bump stop was destroyed so I decided I wanted to replace it..I was able to remove the bottom mounting point but while trying to hold the shaft with some rubber and some vise grips, we'll the shaft spun, heated the oil and shot out the rod that sits in the center spewing out all the oil....I'm over replacing the bump stop but now I have a shock with no oil and can't find the quantity of how much it needs and who knows if I'll even be able to pour it in to the 1/4 inch hole the rod shot out of...any help would be appreciated..I got the shock for 18$ so starting over wouldn't be a great big loss.. what can I do?.....glad I didn't lose an eye, the rod shot out and got stuck in the 25 ft ceiling of my shop

Pictures? isn't there some sore of reservoir? you might be able to put it together and put a greasefitting like connection on it. Just assuming from what I have seen. A big tank on side with screw on it is what I beleive that is. Could be wrong. I am an amateur!
If this didn't help sorry. Got some downtime atm haha