Just got a badly neglected Blaster

Muggzy

Jul 11, 2010
Orange Co., NY
Hi All,

Just got a badly neglected :( '99 Blaster YFS 200 and it's my first I:I. It's mostly stock with a K&N Air filter and a pretty rusty DG Pipe. I'm at 900 ft elev. can anybody tell me what the jets should be? I just ordered a Clymer's manual and should have it by Wednesday.

In the mean time,
It runs and is drivable but wont idle
The oil tank is cracked at the top where the grab bar broke off
rear fender is in bad shape (and I see has integrated air filter)
Rear caliper doesn't work and
front brakes barely function

I want to repair it simply and make a clean, reliable, nice looking bike out of it. What are the first things i should tackle (like disabling the oil pump?)

Oh yeah! I know there's one out there somewhere, just couldn't find it tonight. Does anyone have a link to a VIN# date look-up for the blaster?

TIA

Last edited:
Don't feel bad I just got a pretty beat 02 blaster today. Needs more than what I was told. Mine needs completely rebuilt and some missing stuff. I was told you can just remove the nylon gear from the oil pump and put it all back together. Then just block of the hoses.

welcome to the site both of you, its real hard to keep your bike stock hanging out here lol I:I. if you need any advise just ask around, there are some real blasty pros here I:I I:I

welcome to the site both of you, its real hard to keep your bike stock hanging out here lol I:I. if you need any advise just ask around, there are some real blasty pros here I:I I:I

no kidding......................mine started out as a lets put it together stock and see how it runs....now its really out of hand lol.

welcome to the site, if you haven't already take the airbox lid off, and you'll probably end up around a 240-260 jet with your mods

Welcome to the forum. :D

If u havent allready, flip your front wheels. You'll gain 3" on each side. Then it wont flip so easy. I:I

Also lose the DG. From what I've heard u want a FMF or Toomey.

I just picked up a Fatty/Power Core 2 combo for $100 off a local listing site. :D