Just curious, how much pressure is in crankcase when running?

BrandonH

Jul 23, 2014
Plant City, Florida
I know when pressure testing we only use around 5-7 psi. But how much pressure does the crankcase see when running? Just curious.

On a side not I got my cracked case tig welded. $40 and the guy did an awesome job. Just need to buy new dowel pins because they got slightly bent when pulling to lap the cases, and need to order stainless bolts so I can torque bottom end to spec when I put it together. The trans and forks looked new, was happy to see that.

I know when pressure testing we only use around 5-7 psi. But how much pressure does the crankcase see when running? Just curious.

On a side not I got my cracked case tig welded. $40 and the guy did an awesome job. Just need to buy new dowel pins because they got slightly bent when pulling to lap the cases, and need to order stainless bolts so I can torque bottom end to spec when I put it together. The trans and forks looked new, was happy to see that.

Glad you got it fixed and are making some progress!

The allen head screws for the cases are the best thing since sliced bread !!

That's a very good question.
I've also wondered what speeds the A/F mixture reaches, considering the transfers are open such a breif time, and some of the charge is pulled into the expansion chamber, then pushed back just before the port closes.

If you get them from Alloy Boltz, make sure you tell them you want ALL the bolts that hold the cases together. There's a few that aren't included in their case bolt set.