JTM Products 4 1/2 swingarm extension!!

79 bronco

Moderator & Self Custom Psycho
Staff member
Apr 9, 2010
I don"t know???????
Some pics of my old 4 1/2 swingarm extension from JTM Products..

102_6798.jpg

102_6799.jpg

102_6800.jpg

102_6802.jpg

102_6804.jpg

102_6805.jpg

102_6808.jpg

Reactions: jus_me
Looks like a smick bit of gear.

Was it a good investment?

How did it perform?

Was it strong enough?

In your opinion what, could be done to improve it?

The reason I ask is that, I am toying with mocking up one in my workshop.

I had it on my blaster for over 11 years, with no problems.. But i only trail ride and don't do a lot of jumping. I was also very paranoid about it, after every time i rode my blaster i had to triple check it to make shore i had no problems starting . The only thing i don't like about it is the chain adjuster, it was difficult to do. You have to loosen the 2 carrier bolts between the swingarm and the extension, then you have to reach inside behind the carrier and loosen the 2 allen head bolts on each side, and then try to spin the ??? (i dont know what to call it things)?? But first you must spray it down with some WD40 to clean the threads or you will not be able to spin the ??? (i dont know what to call it things)??

I don't think they make them like this one anymore..

cant beat that in price ! for added confidence it could always be welded to the stock swing arm.

thanks for the link dude, so much cheaper then a full aft swing arm.

although its only 2 inch bet it makes a huge diff. im guessing the factory or a aft swing arm skid plates still bolts up just fine ?? if so i may jump on this soon.

although 200 or so for the newer designed swing arm shop aint a bad deal either for a +4.

stratton.

Last edited by a moderator:
cant beat that in price ! for added confidence it could always be welded to the stock swing arm.

although its only 2 inch bet it makes a huge diff. im guessing the factory or a aft swing arm skid plates still bolts up just fine ?? if so i may jump on this soon.

although 200 or so for the newer designed swing arm shop aint a bad deal either for a +4.

stratton.

Its Aluminum bud so you cant weld it to the steel swingarm!

i dont wanna be the fly in the ointment but I thought you could weld alum. to alum. and alum to steel if you put the welder on a really low setting?as long as it's a wire fed welder(i forgot the name of it)lol

No, there is no way to weld aluminum to steel using any of the common methods, but you can braze them.

So NO you cant weld aluminum to steel, but i guess you can say it's possible to join aluminum to steel.

the link is for a 2inch one, the one you said you have is a 4 1/2 inch one ? ill have to contact the seller.

i just noticed this now looking back at your thread. a 4 1/2 inch extension for 60 bucks cant beat that, hopefully he still has/still stocks them.

stratton.

the link is for a 2inch one, the one you said you have is a 4 1/2 inch one ? ill have to contact the seller.

i just noticed this now looking back at your thread. a 4 1/2 inch extension for 60 bucks cant beat that, hopefully he still has/still stocks them.

stratton.

The 4 1/2 are hard to find, but i have seen them on ebay. So keep looking one may pop up. Or just buy a +4 swingarmshop swingarm from ebay it may be safer.
I had good luck with my extension, BUT i was always worrying about it and looking at it. ALL THE TIME LIKE I WAS PARANOID!

Now i cant get that song out of my head, every tine i think of the word PARANOID! Time for some Black Sabbath!

stratton.

2" extension makes a big difference. That is what I am running at the moment.
These cannot be welded as they are aluminum. Guy doesn't ship to Canada, I'd be suspicious of him! :)

Note my link to how I "cut and splice" extended my swingarm.
Cheap, quick and easy.

Steve