is my piston shot?

Any pics of the exhaust port, looking from the exhaust into the cyl and from the ex in the cyl looking out. Also pics looking in through the intake into the cyl.

From the pics it doesn't
look like any porting was done.

Trust me it's ported I did it myself. I'm not able to take any pictures at the moment but I only ported the intake and just cleaned up the casting flaws on the exhaust.

Ok here we go...

After looking at the photo's of the cylinder I see one thing in particular that is lacking, and that is PORT CHAMFERING! This is very important for ring life and that cylinder doesn't have any. Your very luck you haven't snagged a ring on those sharp edges. Count your lucky stars.
Another thing I notice is the porting... there isn't any.
That cylinder isn't remotely ported to aggressive anything. I know, because I do a lot of porting.
Ok... to be fair,...I see a smidgen on the upper inner corners of the intake windows and a teensie bit on the roof of those intake windows. The exhaust port looks completely stock and filthy, and the transfers untouched. Same with the boost port. I bet the head is stock too.
Not trying to make you feel bad, but google blaster porting and you'll see what i mean.
However, that porting can be fixed. Get templates! These will help you greatly, and you will learn a lot! However, seeing that your on a 68mm bore, you might want to start with a fresher cylinder.
If you were running a quality oil like Mutol (pick one), or my personal favorite Maxima Super "M", that exhaust would wipe clean with a rag and be aluminum in color.

Blaaster is correct... The cross hatch in that cylinder is crap. It almost looks like someone used sand paper and their fingers. That cylinder isn't round, in spec with regards to piston to cylinder clearance, or taper free. I can see that from here.

All of this can be repaired if you do your part.

After looking at the photos once again, i also notice that the counter weights of the crank and the rod has aluminum marks from a broken piston bouncing around in the bottom end.
At least that's what it looks like to me.
Did you by chance replace the piston after one gave out and dropped its skirt?

Good photo's by the way. This helps a lot when trying to figure things out.