Identify this carb! 36mm....

Crazysteve50

May 23, 2011
South Jersey
IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

Why is that one too big? It'll run on a "hot" stock bore, better on a "hot" stock bore stroker engine, and really well on a big bore blaster+

The real issues are that you need a larger manifold, different throttle cable, and have to do something about the airbox. Otherwise, that's an awesome carburetor.

Thanks for the reply sicivicdude! I have the new mainifold for it, and i have the new throttle cable for it. I think i might just get air box vents, but only problem i think i have is my reeds. Even have the powerpro's right handed bend exhaust!

yeah that is a great carb. i would not put it on a stock port stockish engine myself. and sorry i have no use for it.

Thanks for the reply sicivicdude! I have the new mainifold for it, and i have the new throttle cable for it. I think i might just get air box vents, but only problem i think i have is my reeds. Even have the powerpro's right handed bend exhaust!

You can remove the airbox lid altogether and cut the stock "elephant trunk" intake tube back about 4" and get a piece of PVC tube and a silicone connector (or fernco rubber plumbing connector if you can find the right size) to connect the PVC to the carburetor throat and then slide the PVC inside the rubber intake boot and clamp it.

Thats exactly what i did! i cut the piece that attaches to the carb, then attached a 2" rubber coupler the intake of the carb. then ran 2" pvc pipe inside the airbox. Any suggestions?

I wouldn't run that on a bone stock cylinder, unless you have a lot if wide open areas to ride full throttle, the low end is gonna suffer from lack of airflow velocity, if you can get it jetted correctly at all,
I'd look for a 28, 30 mm max for a stock cylinder trail machine

Good trade !
And save ya a ton of jetting headaches