how to put piston in

hoerter2158

Aug 14, 2007
i am rebuilding my blaster and was wondering how to put the rings in. do they have to sit a certain way? Also i have the c clips off the old piston and how do i get the rest off?

AFTER YOU REMOVE THE C CLIPS ON THE PISTON WRIST PIN USE A SCREW DRIVER AND LIGHTLY TAP THE WRIST PIN OUT. THE PISTON WILL COME OFF. AND THE RINGS MAKE SURE YOU STAGER THE RING GAPS. I THINK THE PISTON MAY HAVE TINY PINS IN IT WHERE THE RING GAPS LINE UP. NOT SURE IT'S BEEN A WHILE SEINCE I HAVE REBUILT ONE.

haha very carefully... but seriously dudeman^^^^ hit the nail on the head, if you are using a wiseco piston then the rings only go on one way, and be extra careful when compressing the rings to put the cylinder back on, make sure your tourque settings are correct and you should have 0 problems

ok everythings on but the c clips! How do i put those in

Also there is a arrow on the top of the piston

that faces toward the front of the bike correct?

Yup

Arrow towards the exhaust (Yup the front). Don't put the split of the C clip in the gap that you used to pry it out. I start one end in and just work it in with small screwdriver. Be VERY careful not to scratch or gouge anything.

A