How to Polish Your Clutch Cover.

I worked for a shop that did chrome and polished aluminum. Have ya'll ever tried greaseless compounds? They are sold by multiple companies. You can cut down time it takes to prep the part for compounds and increase luster. Try getting some in 320, 400, and 600, then move to emery cake compound, then Tripoli, then white rouge. This will leave a perfect shine on most cast aluminum parts. I'll get some pictures from my old PC once I finish my move. Remember to always move excess compound and thoroughly clean the parts in between each step. When using a bench grinder allow the compound to do the work, don't apply much pressure on the parts as this gives a non-uniform finish, and always switch out buffing pads when switching compounds. I'll give a detailed post when I finish polishing the T-76 turbo for my friend’s turbo build, and the parts on my blaster engine. Overall you did a great job, just trying to give you an idea to cut down the amount of time you’re spending on prep work. Eastwoodcompany sales some of those greaseless compounds, but it's been 8yrs since I've worked for the company, so I'll try to give some links to anyone interested. Eastwoodco.com

i did more less the same but i sanded off the paint! it leaves black in the grooves but it dosnt come out as well as it wud if it was polished! it comnes out as a brushed aluminium! i prefer it to the polished look

The arbors for a die grinder don't cost too much, eastwood sells a manifold polishing kit, I need to write up a how to. I used to do this professionally. I'll show everyone a quick, professional method to get that chrome look everyone's after and list of supplies needed with costs and wholesale suppliers.

Also this is BY FAR the best product I've used to maintain a deep luster on a polished item.

I know it's expensive, but this stuff last a long time.
Wenol pink or blue works good too, but this is far superior.

Adam's Metal Polish

I'm not trying to solicit, just giving some pointers on some products I've used working at machine shop, metal polishing shop, and detailing cars for a while. This is what I've done to help pay for college.

Just let me get some pics of my work, I would love to help anyone out.