How do you wetsand a frame?

Blasterman96

Mar 18, 2012
Missouri
I am repaintn my blaster and I would like to know how to wetsand, can anyone post some pics of how to do it and what I need to do

you don't wetsand a frame, unless of course you have tons of spare time and gobs of unused elbow grease.
you go to your local auto parts store and get the paint stripper in the red can with the pic of an airplane on it, (i forget the exact name)

use a small 2" wide paint brush to apply it, wait about a 1/2 hour and pressure wash all the paint off, repeat on places you missed, the frame should be degreased beforehand so the stripper can do it's job on the paint
easiest, quickest way to clean your frame !!!!!

Last edited:
Clean your frame first of any contaminates. Then start with a rougher grade sandpaper like 400 wet dry with a bucket of soapy water I like using dawn dish soap dip your paper in the water and start sanding make sure you keep the paper wet at all times . Keep stepping up in sand paper after you get done with each round example after 400 then go to 600 then to 800 . If your frame is in good shape and you just need to scuff for paint you can use a piece of scotch brite . I usually use green dip in soapy water and scrub the frame with that. If you take the frame down to bare metal in spots make sure you use a sealer first on the bare metal spots then primer then paint

If you use the paint stripper proceedure, brush on a little at a time and cover with strips of aluminium cooking foil.

Rather than the solvents evaporating to the atmosphere they are trapped and bite into the paint.

A messy method, and laughable, but it really works.

Remember to use gloves and goggles.

Last edited:
you don't wetsand a frame, unless of course you have tons of spare time and gobs of unused elbow grease.
you got to your local auto parts store and get the paint stripper in the red can with the pic of an airplane on it, (i forget the exact name)

use a small 2" wide paint brush to apply it, wait about a 1/2 hour and pressure wash all the paint off, repeat on places you missed, the frame should be degreased befrorehand so the stripper can do it's job on the paint
easiest, quickest way to clean your frame !!!!!

+1 love this stuff autozone has "3m Aircraft Paint Stripper" i think thats the name, its great stuff your paint will pretty much fall off the frame. This also works great if your trying to get paint off of plastics.