homemade bead locks

not really beadlocks, more like the baja which are reinforcement rings. There good if u bend alot of rims. u could probably find baja rims for what they want for those rings plus welding

did u watch the video cause its pretty easy to tell there not beadlocks. and if they were good luck getting a tire over the welded ring

Kgibson, I think those are beadlocks.

Fuse Powersports | Applications: 12" Beadlock Ring Kit

Look at the "back" PDF installation it has photos of the installation.

You weld the inner ring inside of the normal bead and then install the tire on top (outside!) of the normal bead seating area and then bolt the outer ring on. The tire is pinched between the outside of the rim lip and the outer ring of the kit using the supplied bolts. It's not the "normal" way of beadlocking a tire to the wheel but it seems effective to me.

The major disadvantage in this system I see is that it's on steel wheels only....

Umm I think you need to watch the vid again. The welded ring is no bigger the the rim . Infact it's smaller that's why it welds inside the lip. The red ring they put on is what locks the bead to the rim.

ya ur right.... i thought they welded a ring on both sides not just the front.

No, those appear to be only "outside" locked tires (the inside bead of the tire is standard seat method) but if you held the outside of the tire on the seat, it's MUCH less likely to roll off the back, right?

My thought is that the outside tire in a turn is being "pushed" off the outside bead. Lock that one, and solve roll off issues.

No, those appear to be only "outside" locked tires (the inside bead of the tire is standard seat method) but if you held the outside of the tire on the seat, it's MUCH less likely to roll off the back, right?

My thought is that the outside tire in a turn is being "pushed" off the outside bead. Lock that one, and solve roll off issues.

Correct . If you want double bead locks the rim has to split in half and a PVC ring would be installed then the outer half of the rim then the lock ring

Oh yeah it would be a true biotch if it was done on both sides

X2! You would have to install and center the wheel inside of both beads.

Gibby, your son runs bead locks. How do they work?

To the OP, those look they would be (relatively) inexpensive options for bead locking the front stock wheels. Unfortunately, aftermarket aluminum wheels (which really NEED the strength) can't have those exact ones added. :( and they don't offer an 8" version either for the rear wheels....

his are carbon fiber but they all work the same. just put the tire on and then the rings and about 15 small bolts per ring. the nice thing about beadlocks is u can change rubber quick and easy.

I bought a set of beadlock wheels today. They are Douglas wheels and say Champion on the rings. I wouldn't think they were conversions but I'm surprised they had 2 different names on them. The look like they started life as Douglas blue labels, had the outer cut off and a ring welded back on instead and then the lock ring bolts to the welded ring and locks the tire in place. I can get some pics, if needed.