Highbeam keeps blowing

tripplec89

Hello everyone, I have a 2001 Blaster. My problem is that it wont stop blowing the highbeam filament in the bulbs. The lowbeam works fine but after 5 minuites of riding the highbeam blows out. I am using a 45v/45v bulb. and I have also tried replacing the voltage regulator with a brand new one. Is there any other possibilities for this issue other than a voltage regulator or a loose wire?:-/

its a 45 watt not v or volt. usually things like that can be caused be too high voltage output from the stator caused by a faulty regulator. your best bet is to check the voltage output of the stator. it should be like 13-14 if its much higher theres the issue.

your gonna start it up. turn on head light. using a multi meter test voltage at the head lamp bulb socket. give it a little throttle and see if the voltage goes way above 13. if so that voltage regulator is not doing its job. cheap fix too. only like ten or fifteen bucks.

that s*cks. you got a cool buddy though. thats one tool i dont lend out too much. too easily can become a 200 dollar paper weight :eek:. anyway let me know what you find.

It seems strange that low beam is ok, but high blows. Could the switch be arcing causing spikes that the reg cannot handle.