Here is a good swap..!

Attachments

• 201_0353.jpg
    201_0353.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 298
Last edited by a moderator:
Im sure it would be fun once installed but, its a cheap and complete engine with a cracked case and to fix it the engine becomes expensive and time consuming. Its not worth it to me. Plus rebuilding 4 strokes suck compared to our air cooled 2 strokes. Find me a nice YZ 400 Engine and i might do the swap.

haha, maybe its just me but i try not to hack things. I feel like a crack in the case is nothing to mess with. Anything could have got through the crack, metal shavings, mud, water? How can you be sure there are no gears there that are a c/h away from the case and lining up that broken part is crucial. Or when the chain falls off again will the JB weld hold up to that or are you f*cked on the side of the trail?

Since you insist to persist I'll explain my smart remark. I follow this section to watch the progress on members projects. I learn a bunch from these guys. I saw your post and thought, here's a guy from Indiana promoting an ebay sale in Indiana. Made me think, Hmmmm. Suspicious by nature :) If you try this swap please post your progress here with pix.

YZ Otis

Since you insist to persist I'll explain my smart remark. I follow this section to watch the progress on members projects. I learn a bunch from these guys. I saw your post and thought, here's a guy from Indiana promoting an ebay sale in Indiana. Made me think, Hmmmm. Suspicious by nature :) If you try this swap please post your progress here with pix.

YZ Otis

There was a guy on here a couple months ago doing this swap. Dunno what happened to him. Maybe he was killed by the fast people.

There was a guy on here a couple months ago doing this swap. Dunno what happened to him. Maybe he was killed by the fast people lol...nice

Man I had a atc honda 350x and I wouldnt stand up in 4th with out yanking on it but it would do every bit of 80mph till the front end got to light and crazy....no joke....and wouldnt a blaster weigh about the same ? It sat bigger than a blast but one less wheel .