help jetting a stock carb.

borednstreched

Nov 19, 2011
coulmubs n.e.
so when the original motor hit denotation, it ran fine. no dead spots, plenty of power. there was a airleak from the oil injection system that was improperly deleted. also the filter was so nasty it took a hour to clean. so the engine was moving much more air now that it was clean, when i was riding it the time it blew.

it seemed to be jetted right. im going to rejet it, i just want to know if its safe to run it to do a plug chop on those jets? my mods are graydon proline pipe, factory sound 304 silencer, factory air box and lid with 2 stage profilter. motor is all stock internally.

so when the original motor hit denotation, it ran fine. no dead spots, plenty of power. there was a airleak from the oil injection system that was improperly deleted. also the filter was so nasty it took a hour to clean. so the engine was moving much more air now that it was clean, when i was riding it the time it blew.

it seemed to be jetted right. im going to rejet it, i just want to know if its safe to run it to do a plug chop on those jets? my mods are graydon proline pipe, factory sound 304 silencer, factory air box and lid with 2 stage profilter. motor is all stock internally.

Only way to know is to jet rich, over size your main, and run it. You should be okay as long as you don't go on a joy ride with it. Just warm it up, change plugs and then do your plug chop. That will tell you if you are safe...of course, this is assuming that you have done a leakdown test and that came back negative on leaks.

i have no idea what what jets are in there, i havent even pulled the carb apart yet, the new motor should be here today. im just going to put it all togather and take it in. the local shop here only charges $50 a hr for labor. and hes a ceritified honda/yamaha tech.

baaahh, weres the fun in bring it to someone? no smashed fingers, curse words that only sailors use, throwing wrenches... youre missing out on all the Best stuff!!!

id try a jet or two sizes richer and work down. its that air leak im thinking about.

baaahh, weres the fun in bring it to someone? no smashed fingers, curse words that only sailors use, throwing wrenches... youre missing out on all the Best stuff!!!

id try a jet or two sizes richer and work down. its that air leak im thinking about.

Two beers will calm that urge...one before you get started so you're smartened up for the job, and one to suck down while you're stumped and thinking about choking a puppy. Wait, is that one just me? :-[

motor is here!!!! bout time, it looks great. piston has some oil staining, but theres no scaring and its smooth as glass even where the stains are. im worried about the air leak too, i have spare cage/intake/carb just in case. ya im going to have paul leakdown test it today, once i get the motor in. then have it jetted and tuned.

why choke puppys, choke hookers. if they die at least no one cares, lol.
i prefer to shoot puppys at other atv riders from my wrist rocket mounted to the handle bars. that way i always win.

motor is here!!!! bout time, it looks great. piston has some oil staining, but theres no scaring and its smooth as glass even where the stains are. im worried about the air leak too, i have spare cage/intake/carb just in case. ya im going to have paul leakdown test it today, once i get the motor in. then have it jetted and tuned.

why choke puppys, choke hookers. if they die at least no one cares, lol.
i prefer to shoot puppys at other atv riders from my wrist rocket mounted to the handle bars. that way i always win.

No, Hookers keep the economy moving. If it weren't for hookers and old men, money would've stopped being withdrawn from bank accounts to pay for the "services", then spent on drugs, which was then recycled into new ingredients to make more drugs, thus paying the hardware store clerks who can buy food for their children, taught by the next "older generation" that will frequent today's teenagers that turn into hookers after high school. It's simple Economics really. I:I

No, Hookers keep the economy moving. If it weren't for hookers and old men, money would've stopped being withdrawn from bank accounts to pay for the "services", then spent on drugs, which was then recycled into new ingredients to make more drugs, thus paying the hardware store clerks who can buy food for their children, taught by the next "older generation" that will frequent today's teenagers that turn into hookers after high school. It's simple Economics really. I:I

i like the way you think guy, you should think about running for office one day.